Author Topic: MWC Olymp-Inks Caption Contest Play Off: CLOSED.  (Read 876 times)

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
MWC Olymp-Inks Caption Contest Play Off: CLOSED.
« on: October 01, 2011, 02:59:13 PM »
>  > >  CLOSED    < < <

Thankyou for taking part.  A difficult decision will be reached as soon as possible.  There are some highly entertaining entries.

I will now look for the picture of the balloon popping knife thrower to add to your amusement, and post it below.

Caption Contest Final Heat 6.  Elite Playoff.

For the vicarious excitement of spectators, this is an all-girl finale.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 03:19:49 PM by Gyppo »
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
Re: MWC Olymp-Inks Caption Contest Play Off: CLOSED.
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 03:36:00 PM »
And for your entertainment,  hamming it up like a pair of troupers, here are the knife thrower and assistant.  Yes, she could throw properly, although not with unerring consistency, but this was a comedy knife act.  I've always had mixed feelings about comedy knife acts, feeling that the more traditional 'spice of danger' approach is best,  But this was still a good show.

This was taken four years ago, and I wonder how many men she's terrified since ;-)

A nice little bit of street theatre.

Left click to enlarge

Gyppo

« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 03:37:55 PM by Gyppo »
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1