Author Topic: . Screenwriting opportunities.  (Read 3349 times)

Offline Cathy C

• Procrastination is the thief of time.
. Screenwriting opportunities.
« on: August 16, 2006, 05:46:55 PM »
Not sure if I've put this in the right place or if it will be of help to anyone :-\ But I read about these offers in Writers’ News (a magazine I subscribe to). The second is only applicable to people in New Zealand.

(I've copied them word for word from the magazine.)

"Young production company, Marchmont Films, is currently accepting script submissions from new and established writers.
     Following the success of their debut drama Out in the Cold, Marchmont are developing a slate of original low-budget feature films and are offering ‘a great opportunity for talented writers (with or without an agent) to participate in our advancement.’
Selected writers will work with producers and development executives at Marchmont to develop their work before it is packaged for independent production.
      ‘We are particularly looking for low budget contemporary projects that feature compelling characters and fascinating storylines,’ they say in their Script Invitations. ‘We want material that delivers excitement combined with topicality and fresh new perspectives. Essentially we want material that will captivate an audience without shying away from challenging its perceptions, intellect or emotions.’
     Marchmont positively welcome material from under-represented sectors of the community and although they accept scripts from international writers, material must be suitable for a UK-based production. Writers can submit multiple entries provided the material meets the criteria.
     If you think you have what they are looking for, submissions are online only. You will b e asked to supply a logline and brief synopsis of your project before uploading the first ten pages of your script. The deadline for registering submissions is 30th September and scripts must arrive by 30th October."

OFFER OF HELP FOR SCREENWRITERS.

"The New Zealand Film Commission 1st Writers Initiative is a training and development programme to help would-be New Zealander screenwriters develop their talents and workshop a script with development experts.
     Applicants need to have a prepared script of 90-100 pages at first draft stage in standard industry format. The Film Commission would particularly like to encourage writers of short stories, plays and novels who would like to learn to write for films. Digital film fans are welcome to apply as well.
     Selection is made by NZFC development staff and a script consultant. Six screenwriters are selected to attend a two-day workshop in either Auckland or Wellington. The NZFC pays for travel costs.
     After the workshop the six writers have four weeks to rewrite and work out second draft strategies. Then workshop advisers select two or three scripts which receive funding from the Commission."

Details: New Zealand Film Commission, PO Box 11 546, Wellington; website:
www.nzfilm.co.nz

Hope these might be of some help.

CATHY C

« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 05:49:45 PM by CATHY C »
Novel: Where There’s Smoke. Published by Fireborn publishing http://amzn.to/2tZKNCn

Short Story: A Killer Week Published by Bridge House http://amzn.to/2rhLVAX

Nadine L

Re: . Screenwriting opportunities.
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 07:45:09 PM »
Thanks, Cathy...

Interesting info. Very thoughtful of you.

Nadine

Offline Cathy C

• Procrastination is the thief of time.
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 07:56:16 PM »
Thanks, Cathy...

Interesting info. Very thoughtful of you.

Nadine

Not at all Nadine - you find anything interesting about Novel Submissions I hope you'll throw it my way. ;)

Mag is pretty reputabale - but, as always, look into it closely before you do anything.

CATHY C
Novel: Where There’s Smoke. Published by Fireborn publishing http://amzn.to/2tZKNCn

Short Story: A Killer Week Published by Bridge House http://amzn.to/2rhLVAX

Nadine L

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 08:01:43 PM »
Cathy,

I'd be glad to...what genre?  I'm in US, is that where you're looking? 

I'm kind of out of the loop at the moment, but you never know what someone may tell me that would be useful.

Email your info to me, so I have it on my computer, if you don't mind.

Nadine
NadineLaman@aol.com