Author Topic: Read much fiction about God - apart from the obvious options?  (Read 741 times)

Offline MrFrankenstein

• View Profile
Read much fiction about God - apart from the obvious options?
« on: August 04, 2011, 09:22:31 AM »
I didn't think so. Why not discover what religious satire is all about?

FLIES FOR THE MAYANS
http://www.amazon.com/Flies-Mayans-novella-ebook/dp/B004QGYXBG
A satiric story from Hell, set in Heaven. God's having a bad day.
Once upon a time, He made the mistake of dividing Heaven into realms and provinces,
overseen by deities jostling for territory and profits. Now everything is sliding out of control.
The one-time Creator of the Universe is estranged from his son, riddled with guilt,
and fighting battles on multiple fronts. His few remaining rules are being bypassed, His angels are turning up dead.

Unless He can find out who is gunning for Him, the unthinkable might occur.

'Flies for the Mayans' is a violent dark comedy of post-Biblical proportions. Get ready for a roller-coaster ride into unexpected territory.

It takes some serious b***s to write satire like this.

FLIES FOR THE MAYANS
http://www.amazon.com/Flies-Mayans-novella-ebook/dp/B004QGYXBG

It is rather rare, amidst all the books meant to draw in readers by having as little meaning as possible, to find such a headstrong parable filled with hints and subtle nudges towards an over-riding philosophy as brutally harsh as in Flies for the Mayans. The story of God tiring of his work, of being overwhelmed by his own creation, of attempting to escape the pain he created, is certainly a powerful tale, even if I can't help but disagree with all it is attempting to say. Disagreement means nothing when faced with gut-wrenching questions and honest doubt...

God is human. Kinda. He's still God, but with all the foibles, angst and problems that us everyday schlubs have. As soon as I finished the story, I went back to the beginning and read it all over again. The first time was to enjoy Ian Fraser's quirky story and the second time was to relish in his talent as a wordsmith. It was a wonderful read and I look forward to reading his other books.