Author Topic: fanstory.com or writers bureau  (Read 2477 times)

Offline mchell4

fanstory.com or writers bureau
« on: July 31, 2011, 02:48:59 PM »
HI,i was thinking of doing the comprehensive course with WB, but got told id be better coming on here :) .and also going on fanstory,which id pay a small fee for .i have the option of buying the WB books off someone and just using the sites.or i could go with the WB .has anyone done a course with them ?

Offline Amanda George

• Currently editing all my manuscripts!
    • Stories 4 Children
Re: fanstory.com or writers bureau
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 03:05:14 PM »
HI,i was thinking of doing the comprehensive course with WB, but got told id be better coming on here :) .and also going on fanstory,which id pay a small fee for .i have the option of buying the WB books off someone and just using the sites.or i could go with the WB .has anyone done a course with them ?

I'm doing the writing for children course with the Writers Bureau and it is so worth the money you pay for it and then some!  I haven't got a clue what fanstory.com is like but I reckon you should definitely do the Writers Bureau course, just be aware that you may have to buy a few books during the course - that's the only negative I've found with the course!

If you've got the opportunity to buy the books, I would say do the whole course as you will have a tutor to answer any questions and give you advice and things like that as well as doing assignments and getting them marked.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do  :)

Edit - Welcome to the forum too... I hope you get as much out of being here as I do!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 03:47:01 PM by Amanda George »
There is no beginning or end. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that's why they call it the present (unknown)

Money cannot buy happiness but somehow, it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes Benz than it is on a bicycle.

Offline Alice, a Country Gal

• http://www.writestreet.com/writestree
  • Hello from Texas
    • Alice's Hide Away
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 03:17:03 PM »
Welcome to My Writers Circle mchell4. 

To make the time spent here a good experience for all; as well as to learn your way around MWC, start by clicking and reading the link below.

http://www.mywriterscircle.com/index.php?topic=7415.0

You'll find other Blue stick-pin (Stickies) at the top of the various boards to help you learn the ropes and made your time here more productive and enjoyable.

Don't forget to read and comment/critique other people's work before you ask the same from them.

The moderators are easy to spot due to all the blue stars floating above our heads. If you have a problem, we are happy to help in any way we can.

Smiles,
Alice - Deep in the Heart of Texas

PS. I just did a quick search for writers bureau post here, click the link to have a look.

http://www.mywriterscircle.com/index.php?action=search2
MWC Charity Publications.
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight>
The universe is made of stories, not of atoms. -Muriel Rukeyser, poet and activist (15 Dec 1913-1980)

R. L. Copple's: http://www.rlcopple.com/

I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.
-Mohandas K. Gandhi

Offline mchell4

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 03:40:46 PM »
Hi thanks Alice,Amada too . well ive checked out the link .the writers bureau seem realy good and i think il join the course i can allways get any help i need on here :) .i was a little put off some of the modules ie writing for radio/tv .but now im thinking well itl be a challenge and something new to learn. As the course covers so much ,il learn alot .  :o ha ha .will post some work on here and hope for feedback  ;D

Offline 510bhan

• So many jobs to do . . .
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 03:42:52 PM »
Hi Mchell4 - welcome to MWC  :) :) :)

Offline mchell4

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 03:47:10 PM »
Hiya ,thanks im loving it on here allready very helpfull  ;D

Offline Amanda George

• Stories 4 Children
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 03:55:06 PM »
If the comprehensive course is like the one I'm doing then it will cover everything you could ever want to learn and you will learn a lot too... I've learnt to write horror and poetry for children (I was dreading doing both) and I've learnt how to write picture books and early readers too!  Not only but also, your tutor will answer any questions that crop up with your writing outside the course too!  Signing up with the Writer's Bureau was the best thing I've done since finding MWC!  :D

Hi thanks Alice,Amada too . well ive checked out the link .the writers bureau seem realy good and i think il join the course i can allways get any help i need on here :) .i was a little put off some of the modules ie writing for radio/tv .but now im thinking well itl be a challenge and something new to learn. As the course covers so much ,il learn alot .  :o ha ha .will post some work on here and hope for feedback  ;D
There is no beginning or end. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that's why they call it the present (unknown)

Money cannot buy happiness but somehow, it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes Benz than it is on a bicycle.

Offline 510bhan

• So many jobs to do . . .
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 06:50:35 PM »
Now that you're a member here, why not cast your 3 votes in the flash fiction contest?

http://www.mywriterscircle.com/index.php/board,12.0.html

Offline Laura H

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 08:58:35 AM »
Hi & welcome  ;D
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ― Maya Angelou

“Don't be like the rest of them, darling.” ― Eudora Welty

Offline Joe Mynhardt

• Tales from The Darkest Depths
    • Joe Mynhardt
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2011, 02:27:32 PM »
Welcome to MWC, Mchell4.
Founder and CEO of Crystal Lake Publishing - Tales from the Darkest Depths.
Two time Bram Stoker Award nominated editor publishing only the best in Dark Fiction. Check out Crystal Lake's books and grab two free titles by joining the newsletter.

Offline mchell4

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2011, 04:10:54 PM »
Hi all, Hi amanda well ive decided to go for it and enroll for the writers bureau course ,yay! thanks for your advice . i re-read the info i got in the post and it does state you dont have to do all modules,as i dont think writing for radio drama is realy me lol. cant wait to start it ,how far into your course are you amanda?

Offline Amanda George

• Stories 4 Children
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2011, 02:23:32 AM »
Hi all, Hi amanda well ive decided to go for it and enroll for the writers bureau course ,yay! thanks for your advice . i re-read the info i got in the post and it does state you dont have to do all modules,as i dont think writing for radio drama is realy me lol. cant wait to start it ,how far into your course are you amanda?

WTG, Mchell!  There are 15 assignments and I'm going to send off assignment 10 as soon as hubby addresses the envelope!  lol 

Offline mchell4

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2011, 04:22:55 PM »
well done amanda ,seems like your doing well with the course and your nearly done !.just waiting for mine to arrive , ive allready done an article and started a new story since last night lol.  :o

Offline Amanda George

• Stories 4 Children
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2011, 04:40:34 PM »
well done amanda ,seems like your doing well with the course and your nearly done !.just waiting for mine to arrive , ive allready done an article and started a new story since last night lol.  :o

Writing soon becomes addictive!  lol  I still haven't sent off assignment 10 yet!  lol  I've learnt so much on the course and I hope you enjoy your course too!

Offline phirwatrbuyrxd

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2022, 03:01:43 PM »
Hello, thank you Alice Amada too. I have checked the link The writer's office looks great. and i think i join this course I can get help whenever I need here :) .i I am disappointed with some modules like radio/tv writing. But now I'm thinking it's a challenge and something new to learn.

BETUFA
Because the course is very comprehensive So I learned a lot :o ha ha . Will post some work here and hope to get some feedback ;D