Author Topic: Announcing my debut novel - GRAVE SITUATION  (Read 2838 times)

Offline Alex.M

Announcing my debut novel - GRAVE SITUATION
« on: June 25, 2011, 08:57:27 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Sorry, I've been away from here for some time.  I'd like to let you know that I put out my debut novel.  For anyone interested in taking a look, please feel free.  Here's the link: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/68769

The coupon for a free copy is: AK79Q

Thank you all for your time.

Best,
Alex

Offline Rami

• Pedro Is Writing
Re: Announcing my debut novel - GRAVE SITUATION
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 10:54:38 PM »
congrats. what was your experience like using smashwords?

Offline Alex.M

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 07:07:27 AM »
Hi Rami,

It's been good. I'm still waiting for Smashwords to distribute my book to the other sites like Barnes & Noble and Kobo. I decided to put it on Amazon myself. So far I've had a few good reviews and the sales have been modest. Not sure I'm much good at this self-promotion though.  :)

All the best,
Alex

Offline A.J.B

• Enjoying bouts of moderate insanity
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 07:36:49 AM »
Hi Rami,

It's been good. I'm still waiting for Smashwords to distribute my book to the other sites like Barnes & Noble and Kobo. I decided to put it on Amazon myself. So far I've had a few good reviews and the sales have been modest. Not sure I'm much good at this self-promotion though.  :)

All the best,
Alex

I have recently been promoting myself in preparation for my novel being released. It isn't self-published but the process will be much the same. Contact local papers and radio stations, they are always really enthusiastic about giving people time for things like this. I had an article in my local paper and then two radio stations got in touch with me. So all you need is something small to start something modest which, in turn, could start something big.

EDIT

Check out the stickies topic 'Amazon Tagging' at the top of this self publishing forum. It's about people here helping each other and well worth doing!
My debut novel 'Life Eternal' is now available to buy on Amazon in both paperback and kindle.

Please search 'Aaron J Booth' on Amazon to find the product.

Offline Alex.M

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 07:50:42 AM »
Thanks, Aaron. I appreciate it.

Offline Team Ink Well

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 09:19:00 PM »
Congrats & best of luck!

Offline Michael M Dickson

• Outline Your Novel
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 12:13:07 PM »
Alex

I just Googled your name and book title. I expected to see a facebook page come up but couldn't find one. I did find twitter though. if you don't have a FB page for your book, you should consider getting one.

Just a few thoughts.

I plan on purchasing your book. It sound interesting.

good luck to you.