Author Topic: Where are you submitting next?  (Read 15371 times)

Offline Laura H

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Where are you submitting next?
« Reply #135 on: January 26, 2012, 08:32:54 AM »
Good for you, Annmarie!  Fingers crossed for both submissions :)
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ― Maya Angelou

“Don't be like the rest of them, darling.” ― Eudora Welty

Offline SamPerkins

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 30, 2012, 06:42:55 AM »
Does a re-sub count? My short story has been returned. So this week, I am going to look at it, look at the Writer's Forum competition rules, and tweak it for them.

Offline Annmarie

• Got my kinky boots on. Watch out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 30, 2012, 07:55:45 AM »
Of course re-subs count! They should count double, because you  have the confidence and determination to give the story another shot somewhere else.  :)
Work hard. Believe. Take a chance.

Offline HPvD

• View Profile
    • HP's Happy Writing Blogspot.com
« Reply #138 on: January 30, 2012, 10:10:49 AM »
Currently I am not yet submitting, I am still brainstorming about a possibility of using some photo's of my own stock photo catalogue as a source of inspiration
for possible Greeting Card Writing Submissions and besides ideas for Greeting Card Writing also researched a few Magazines to get Filler Writing Ideas
to look for places in those Magazines where a Filler with some of my Photo's could possibly fit.    

« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 10:17:26 AM by HPvD »
To your Happy<i> - Writing -</i> Inspiration, http://hpshappywriting2.blogspot.com

Offline Sprocket

• Idiot Savant
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 30, 2012, 03:45:02 PM »
Does a re-sub count? My short story has been returned. So this week, I am going to look at it, look at the Writer's Forum competition rules, and tweak it for them.

What Annmarie said.
Get your s*** together and start hunting.

Offline Gyppo

• I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 01, 2012, 04:48:56 PM »

Absolutely ;-)  Every sub counts because, as Annmarie said, you have the courage to lay it on the line again.

Gyppo
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline Laura H

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 15, 2012, 07:03:05 PM »
In the interest of bumping this thread, I'm asking for suggestions.  Where would you submit a short, serious (as in not full of chuckles) SF piece? 

Duotrope has lots of options for SF shorts, but I wonder if any MWC'ers have a favorite one or two?
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ― Maya Angelou

Offline HPvD

• View Profile
    • HP's Happy Writing Blogspot.com
« Reply #142 on: March 16, 2012, 08:27:20 AM »
Mmmm, I don't yet have experience with submitting any SF myself only I did see that Scifibloggers looks for writers
(see http://www.scifibloggers.com/about-sci-fi-bloggers/) for what my own submissions is concerned, I did create a special
Filefolder with photo's and filler ideas for Magazines and making procrastination into an Art Form.

I did recently wrote something new about writing bookreviews and discovered that you can find lot's of
examples of book reviews on Amazon.
To your Happy<i> - Writing -</i> Inspiration, http://hpshappywriting2.blogspot.com

Offline Laura H

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 16, 2012, 10:31:39 AM »
I decided to submit my SF short to Comets and Criminals.  Good looking ezine, that one  :)