Author Topic: Blog Question..  (Read 944 times)

Offline Wolfdreamer25

Blog Question..
« on: July 21, 2011, 11:02:54 AM »
Hi everyone,

I recently found out that I loved reviewing books, movies&tv shows, and video games. I already have a blog I use for writing and book reviews. I was thinking about making a separate blog about movie & tv shows, and another about video games. I usually stuff everything on one blog. Is it a good idea to separate them into different blogs?

Offline Michael M Dickson

• Outline Your Novel
Re: Blog Question..
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 11:24:59 AM »
With my experience in blogging I would split them up. You want to stay on topic with a single focus when blogging.

Keep in mind that if you're starting a new blog, you want to do it for the right reason. It should be a topic you intend on posting for years to come.

Good luck.

Offline Chandara5

Re: Blog Question..
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 12:23:34 AM »
I think it depends on the purpose of that first blog.  Think carefully. If you hope to garner readers, not only writers, I'd say use only one blog. Readers like to know what authors are about and it keeps it nice and tidy. blogs have different pages you can use to add different type of info.  I think wordpress is good when you want to use more than one page and have people comment. Blogger has page feature but no comments.

Good luck! ;D
Elizabeth Arroyo
My debut novel, THE SECOND SIGN, will be released February 7, 2013 by Sapphire Star Publishing
www.elizabetharroyo.com
www.chandarawrites.blogspot.com
https://twitter.com/#!/EArroyo5