Author Topic: Writing Course Query  (Read 2337 times)

Offline islandwriter

• Island Writer
Writing Course Query
« on: June 04, 2011, 09:01:04 AM »
I am very seriously considering buying the Complete Copywriting Course from the Writers Bureau. I believe it was written by our very own Nick Daws.

The question I have is I already have the Ultimate Copywriter by Mel McIntyre via WCCL and wondering what the difference is? I know the WB one is a proper course and I will do assignments and have a tutor etc…

I wonder if any other member has taken this course? I am really thinking of doing it, but want to make sure!

Thank you

Dave
Islandwriter
Diploma holding copywriter

Offline Amanda George

• Currently editing all my manuscripts!
    • Stories 4 Children
Re: Writing Course Query
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 10:18:50 AM »
I haven't taken the course myself but I can definitely sing the praises of the Writers Bureau courses... they take you from knowing pretty much nothing and take you to the point where you are able to write a lot better!  I'm doing the writing for children course and I've learnt so much from them!  I'm already qualified to work with children so I thought the course would be easy - it's challenging and I've learnt so much from it!

Maybe email the WB bods and see what they say?  I personally (knowing absolutely nothing about the course you are thinking of doing) would go for it even though you already have the other experience - the WB course will help you to see things right from the beginning and put you in good stead for the rest of your writing career!

Email them and see what they say... they know what they are doing there  :)

I am very seriously considering buying the Complete Copywriting Course from the Writers Bureau. I believe it was written by our very own Nick Daws.

The question I have is I already have the Ultimate Copywriter by Mel McIntyre via WCCL and wondering what the difference is? I know the WB one is a proper course and I will do assignments and have a tutor etc…

I wonder if any other member has taken this course? I am really thinking of doing it, but want to make sure!

Thank you

Dave
Islandwriter

There is no beginning or end. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that's why they call it the present (unknown)

Money cannot buy happiness but somehow, it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes Benz than it is on a bicycle.

Offline Amanda George

• Stories 4 Children
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 10:38:58 AM »
Just another thought... are local colleges/universities/Open University an option?  Just had to type it out while I remembered is all  :)  Would your local library be able to help too?
There is no beginning or end. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that's why they call it the present (unknown)

Money cannot buy happiness but somehow, it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes Benz than it is on a bicycle.

Offline islandwriter

• Island Writer
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 04:33:17 PM »
I have taken the plunge and joined the course... I received it tonight and my first impressions are WOW COOL!

Dave
Islandwriter

Offline Amanda George

• Stories 4 Children
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 07:14:53 AM »
I have taken the plunge and joined the course... I received it tonight and my first impressions are WOW COOL!

Dave
Islandwriter

I hope you enjoy it, Dave!  The Writer's Bureau are a great company to learn with!  :)

Offline islandwriter

• Island Writer
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 05:17:36 PM »
I think it's great - so easy to understand and I have only read first two modules and learnt loads!

Dave
Islandwriter

Offline Amanda George

• Stories 4 Children
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 08:29:06 AM »
I think it's great - so easy to understand and I have only read first two modules and learnt loads!

Dave
Islandwriter

*nodding*  You got it!  Keep going, Dave!  :)

Offline deborahowen

• Goal: Help each writer reach their full potential
    • Creative Writing Institute
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2011, 11:30:15 PM »

You'll never go wrong by taking the same course at another school. Not only is the material
different, but every instructor has their own angle and set of experiences. I only wish I had
this course available at my school but not yet. It's in the brew. Best of luck.
Deborah Owen :)
CEO & Founder
Creative Writing Institute
http://www.creativewritinginstitute.com
Writing tutor/public speaker/editor/ghostwriter
Free tips at http://www.deborahowen.wordpress.com