Author Topic: something from me  (Read 2870 times)

Offline custard

• i wonder if they've noticed my wig?
something from me
« on: August 12, 2006, 07:19:47 PM »
This is a little thing i did a while ago, i set it out as i thought was correct, but unfortunately the format didn't transfer onto the post. Also, these are not meant to be the full interviews, just the bits the viewer needs to know.

"WHODIDIT?"

FADE IN:

INT. FAT FREDDIES FLAT, SITTING ROOM - DAY
DC Matthews walks into the well worn sitting room and approaches DC Walters whom is standing over Fat Freddieís dead body. A woman is clearly seen in the kitchen being comforted by a wpc.

DC MATTHEWS
What we got here then, Frank?
DC WALTERS
One, shot and dead, Fat Freddy the loan shark, a distraught wife in the kitchen screaming for revenge, and a witness next door who couldnít be more stoned if he had shouted Jehovah.
DC MATTHEWS
Thatís why I like coming onto The Prospect Estate Frankie, Every day's different.
Have we any one lined up for it?
DC WALTERS
 The wife went out at 12, got back at 1. So itís one of three appointments in his book. One of them must have seen or heard something. Weíre also getting the CCTV from the block entrance.
DC MATTHEWS
Okay, weíll get the suspects straight down the nick, try and wrap this one up quickly.

CUT TO:

INT. HASWELL POLICE STATION, INTEREGATION ROOM - DAY
John Ball is sat at a table next to his solicitor. Opposite him are DC Matthews and DC Walters.

DC MATTHEWS
You had an appointment with Fredrick Drake at 12.10pm with regards to an outstanding loan, is that correct John?
JOHN
Yeah, thatís right.
DC MATTHEWS
Did you meet him at that time?
JOHN
Yes.
DC MATTHEWS
And how did he seem?
JOHN
His same old self, you know, moody.
DC MATTHEWS
What time did you leave?
JOHN
About 12.20pm.
DC WALTERS
Did you see anyone unusual hanging around?
JOHN
No.
DC MATTHEWS
Then where did you go?
JOHN
Home. To get ready for football down the pub. It was starting at 12.45pm.

CUT TO:

DC Matthews and DC Walters are at the table, opposite them are Paul Rogers and his solicitor.

DC MATTHEWS
What time did you go to see Freddy then Paul?
PAUL
12.30pm. I was in a rush so I could watch the football, I didnít stay long, maybe 5 minutes.
DC MATTHEWS
And how did he seem to you?
PAUL
You know, his usual moody self. He was moaning about how everyoneís taking liberties. He reckoned he was our saviour or something.
DC MATTHEWS
It must of annoyed you, him going on like that?
PAUL
No. Iíve heard it a million times.
DC MATTHEWS
After you left Freddieís flat, did you go straight home to watch the football?
PAUL
No I was watching it down the pub, but I didnít get there until 12.50pm, bumped into a mate on the way.
DC MATTHEWS
Can you give us his details?
PAUL
His names Mark but thatís all I know really, heís just a pub mate.

CUT TO:

David Thorn and his solicitor are at the table opposite DC Matthews and DC Walters.

DAVID
Look Iíve got something to say okay? But itís not easy for me. When I got to the flat the door was open. I called out but got no answer so I went in. thatís when I saw Freddy on the floor, bleeding.
DC MATTHEWS
What did you do then Dave?
DAVID
I ran, straight home.
DC WALTERS
What time was this mate?
DAVID
12.50pm.
DC MATTHEWS
Did you see anyone around, or was there anything you can remember that seemed odd to you at the time?
DAVID
I ran out of there so quick, mate I really didnít see anything, sorry.

CUT TO:

INT. HASWELL POLICE STATION, INTERRIGATION ROOM
DC Matthews and DC Walters sit, this time with the next door neighbour, George Small.

DC MATTHEWS
Tell me what you did that day George?
GEORGE
I didnít wake up until about 12. Then I just turned on the TV and sat there really.
DC WALTERS
Had you been smoking cannabis that morning George?
GEORGE
Yeah. Itís okay for me to say that yeah? You said it was okay.
DC MATTHEWS
Your not going to get in trouble George, we just want to know what happened.
GEORGE
Well, I was just sitting there watching the telly, when I heard this bang, it sent a chill up my back cosÖ cos I knew what it was. I looked up at my clock and it was 12.30pm.
DC WALTERS
Did you look out to see what was happening?
GEORGE
No chance, I heard some footsteps, but stayed where I was.

Another DC enters the room and whispers in DC Matthews ear.

CUT TO:

Offline Technofear

Re: something from me
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 12:30:57 PM »
I wouldn't wory too much about formatting when putting things up here, as i don't think it's actually possible. The stuff I've posted, I've copied and pasted from my screenwriting program, but it still doesn't come out properly.

I like what you've posted, though. It seems like a decent example of the genre it's set it.

Offline custard

• i wonder if they've noticed my wig?
Re: something from me
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 05:07:50 PM »
cheers for the reply. it's part of a ten minute murder mystery, so it might seem a little quick and confusing, but then it should explain itself at the end. I might edit the ending and put it on here to see what you think.