13 (14%)
53-58
5 (5.4%)
59-64
2 (2.2%)
65 and over
3 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Author Topic: How old are you all?  (Read 17424 times)

Offline Wurzzlegummidge

Re: How old are you all?
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2006, 01:03:01 PM »
 8) I am 53, nearly 54[early October]  Totally honest

Offline writing is hard

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2006, 07:38:49 PM »
I'm 28 and starting to wonder where all the time is swirling away to.
Why?

Offline S-wo

• Krystal*Light Union
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2006, 09:52:16 PM »
I'm 16. I'm wondering who the one 10 year old is, I can't believe that there's someone over 50 on a website!

Narnian Prince

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2006, 10:10:00 PM »
Actually S-wo, no offense intended but, you'd be surprised just how many of us "older folks" not only appear on or have web sites but that we also do quite well on them.  I'm still in the developing stages but I also hope to have a good site going by the time I'm 50.  (That's only a year and a half away.  :)  ) 

What's so hard to believe?  Hopefully, you also will be 50 one day.  Do you envision just stopping and wasting your life away by then?  :)

Have a truly wonderful and Blessed day!  :)

wizard7wolf

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2006, 04:08:36 AM »
Hey S-wo I love the pic you got. Thats Cloud right?

Offline matsamu

• I'm not a Goof, i'm a spoof on Life
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2006, 10:18:55 AM »
duh...of course that's cloud...who else would it be?
*pop* That was my head. It just got blown.

Offline ellie

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2006, 11:05:43 AM »
I'm 16. I'm wondering who the one 10 year old is, I can't believe that there's someone over 50 on a website!
Are you for real..or is this a windup?

If you do mean that, then its a little unkind and insensitive!
Do you realise what the internet means to older people, possibly those who have disabilities ( and there are many younger folk like that too)? The companionship it can bring as well as fun and enlightenment.
Seeing as you 'cant believe ' it.....you may be surprised to know, that here in the UK most users of the internet are the older generation.
You are 16  (okay when I was that age nearly 40 years ago, I thought anyone over 20 was old ! )..and with intelligence..so please tell me you are on a 'windup' with this one?
BTW, my 26 yrold son tells me,  that  I'm immaturing nicely with age ;)
ellie
p.s. I thought there was a 'lower' age limit on most sites..that being 13?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 11:14:18 AM by ellie »
The cure for boredom is curiosity.There is no cure for curiosity
Oscar Wilde
http://www.goldstarbooks.co.uk/ellie_Bowdery.htm

Telcontar

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2006, 12:13:59 PM »
"I'm immaturing nicely with age "

I like that one, Ellie  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Tamara

« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2006, 02:30:03 PM »
Ditto, Ellie,  I liked that line too. 

My mother-in-law, who by the way, is also immaturing nicely with age too, has a T-shirt that says, "in dog years, I would be dead".  I always thought that was pretty funny.  Probably immaterial to this, but wanted to share it.

Tamara
I tap my fingers on the table to the rhythm in my soul
-Keith Urban

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend,
Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read.   
-Grocho Marx

Offline ellie

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2006, 05:21:18 PM »
Dave & Tamara ;) ;D

Tamara, your mum-in-law sounds a 'fun lady'..whatever your age, its personality,your attitude to life that counts and what can 'draw' people to you..
My late Mum, who lived just pased the age of 88, was always popular with young folk..she had a wonderful & sometimes wicked sense of humour but she was full of life..she was always 'youthful'!

Hey I must tell you this. My grandson 7, called us yesterday and said he'd lost a front tooth and could now suck spaghetti through it..I said 'Did you put tooth under your pillow for the tooth fairy?'
He said 'Yes, but I had to wait ages for some money,then only got a 1'
I said 'you're lucky, when I was your age, I got sixpence'...then I had to explain what a sixpence was...........
When I spoke to my son afterwards, he told me the whole story!
  He'd looked under the pillow and found Jordan's tooth wrapped in a piece of notepaper..on it was written 'Dear toothfairy, my tooth has fallen out, could I please have 20 for it !'
whose the kid here? :o

ellie x
Oscar Wilde

Offline gub2000

• There's always nest year
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2006, 05:30:34 PM »
Ellie, my neighbor's son recently lost his first tooth. The tooth fairy freaked him out. The idea of someone sneaking into your room while you're asleep and reaching under your pillow could be scary if you think about it. He was worried the tooth fairy would take all of his teeth. He wanted to know what the tooth fairy did the teeth. Where did the tooth fairy get the money? Etc.

gub2000
Don't ever ever give up - Winston Churchill

www.TheBestofYouTube.com - editor

Offline ellie

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2006, 05:46:45 PM »
Ellie, my neighbor's son recently lost his first tooth. The tooth fairy freaked him out. The idea of someone sneaking into your room while you're asleep and reaching under your pillow could be scary if you think about it. He was worried the tooth fairy would take all of his teeth. He wanted to know what the tooth fairy did the teeth. Where did the tooth fairy get the money? Etc.

gub2000

I agree Gub..I don't remember being frightened myself, but there was another 'being' I was afraid of as a little un and that was 'the Sandman' !
It was some fairy tale of a magic being who came as you were falling alseep and sprinkled magic powder over you to make you dream.
Now that I did find scary! :o
We have to be careful what we tell kiddies don't we?
Going right off topic here..sorry
Ill start another topic ;D
Oscar Wilde

wizard7wolf

« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2006, 04:29:49 AM »
Hey watch it matsamu or i'll lay the smack down on ya 

Offline Tamara

« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2006, 04:59:16 AM »
Ellie,
Yes, you are correct, my mother-in-law is a wonderful woman and I miss her terribly  (divorced her son, yikes)!

Anyway, I know that this is really off the topic of age, sorry wizard7wolf, but I have an answer for the tooth fairy and the missing tooth thing fir gub2000.  Okay, this is what I told my son when the tooth fairy freaked him out, too.  Now, when she comes into your room, she does not reach under your pillow  (this is important).  She already knows that the tooth is there because she is magic and was sent to your house.  She waves her magic wand over your pillow and your tooth TURNS into money.  But, now you have to stress this, it only works for the tooth fairy.  Just anyone cannot do this, only her and with her special tooth fairy wand.  There you go, the Case of the Tooth Fairy Caper has been solved, I think.

Talk to you later,
Tamara
I tap my fingers on the table to the rhythm in my soul
-Keith Urban

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend,
Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read.   
-Grocho Marx

Nelodra

« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2006, 05:45:13 AM »

Isn't 16 a bit YOUNG to draw that kind of conclusions?  ;D
Actually, my Dad, who is seventy-something owns quite a nice website (I developed it for him, but he's the one who maintains it; I thaught him how to do it, when I didn't feel like updating it for him anymore).
Sure he calls me quite often and asks to speak to "the helpdesk" but he's doing really well. You'd be surprised!
So please show some respect.