Author Topic: ∞ Theater of Infinity ∞  (Read 1609 times)

Offline Dibby

∞ Theater of Infinity ∞
« on: April 01, 2011, 03:48:54 PM »
Hey everyone! I'm new here. I put this up in the poetry section a few days ago but it got taken down because I wasn't aware of the double post rule. I thought about it some more and I think it would be more apt to put this little short invitation on here. I'm looking forward to some comments - thanks & hope you enjoy!

Greetings Goddess,

This Sultry Saturday I cordially invite you to a private screening with Yours Truly at my plum curtained theater. Bring only your imagination and your wildest hat. Itís a double feature, Iím screening two of my favorite movies; A Relaxing Run In the Rain and Pure Bliss. Youíll especially like the latter for that I am sure. First off, all the shows start late, 11:11 P.M. to be exact. For directions, first you must turn within your imagination & channels of Carefree Creativity. In order to get there, enter into the Safe Sanctuary of your bedroom and lazily lay down. Get really comfy, conjure clouds that will support your endeavors. Give permission to your eyelids to fall - and gently drift off to other worlds. Naked cherubs sing luscious lullabies to help map your journey. Fear doesn't exist here - All Anxiety is Annihilated.

As your flight ends you find yourself in a wonderful place called the Township of Happiness. If you end up in the suburb of Prosperity, then just take your first right and go down the road exactly .777 miles, youíll see the signs, canít miss Ďem. Now, as you go down Magical Main Street, when the sidewalk shifts from brick to cobblestone, you will know your close. Another block and you will see the Lights, a million little suns scattered about with purpose.

∞ Theater of Infinity ∞  all lit up in brilliant blazing White - checkered with Navy Blue hitting the surrounding glass and making reflections in the giant windows across the street. Entrancing flashes of purple hues and blues silhouetted by fancy forms of finely draped people laughing & loving one another... We have finally returned Home.

Donít worry about the lines, because you have a ticket in your left pocket, so go right in. People stare with a palpable envy as you gently breeze though the huge double doors - Dramatic Drapery of your glistening gown Dances behind your every step. A gingerly man will greet you and take your coat to the Room of Wool and Cotton, where it will be kept safe. There in the lobby you will see a huge Fauvist Fountain dripping and gushing cool, crystalline Water. Overhead, an enormous Golden chandelier filled with hundreds of white burning candles illuminates everything. Flickering shadows shift silently with vibrancy and rhythm.

Once you become oriented, look straight ahead. There dwells the Splendid Shop. They have astonishing substances to eat and drink such as Your Sweet Toothís Desire and Elixirs of Wonder. All That Is is gratis so obtain Anything & Everything. Flanking you are two giant staircases leading to the balcony, cherry red carpets lead the way. The banisters are adorned with gold and precious stones. As you go upstairs, make sure you notice the Artwork on the walls, they are all manifested by The Creator of the Universe Herself and extremely pleasing to the Eye.

When your finally decide to ascend upstairs - I will be poised with a bundle of sky-blue Hydrangeas & a Super Stylish Special Starfish pendant built solely for you - with the energy of Love, Laughter, and Longevity. Youíll know itís me because Iíll be wearing a specially tailored suit from the late 1920ís - astutely accessorized with a black Fedora top hat.

Tonight we are immortal. Waited on hand and foot by Buddhists Monks & Broadway Musical Masters. What we fantasize instantly becomes our reality. Others view us with a palpable penetrating praise & are entranced by our Honest Happiness. Naturally, we own the best seats in the house. Slowly, and with an indescribable charm, we snuggle into the deep cherry-wood chairs. They begin to envelope us with feelings of security and comfort. Hands casually relaxed together - forming the mountains and valley's of a union. We feel the joy of togetherness breathing though our being. An ancient harp handles the background vibrato with ease.

The lights begin to slowly dim as two gigantic spotlights cast shadows on the ripples of the Plum Curtains. The deep purple sun sets it's sights on illuminating the sky walls & dipping into an oceanic backdrop of peach. Dolphins & Otters giggle and smile in the recessed pond below. As we enter - live orchestral music softens as the curtains draw slowly open, lights dimming simultaneously. The screen turns bright silver; we inhale & exhale as one - in pure bliss of Peace & Love. There is no other place we'd rather Be in all the Universe.

Our giddiness increases exponentially as we revert to being as little children, playing. Our old eyes die and we are gifted with new, untainted vision. Together, we see the world for the first time - Utterly Astounded. In awe of the feeling of an embrace - the soft touch, the protective blanket, the relentless insurgency of compassion & Friendship. The warm whispers. The wet kisses. We take a final gaze at one another - silently speaking and smiling through our bright eyes.

Deeper and deeper we delicately descend into our seats. We give each other one last tender squeeze of our hands with a sly, seductive smile. The fantastical film reel begins to spin as an audible buzz envelopes the Infinitude of the Theater. Pure Bliss blazes on the horizon, with arms wide open to eloquently embrace our intentional fall into Oneness. It is now finally time to enjoy the show...

The ambient lights slowly fade to black as the silver screen detonates to Brilliant White Light.

With Everlasting Enthusiastic Energy & Lusciously Lively Love,
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 07:13:35 PM by Artemis Quark »

Silt

Re: ∞ Theater of Infinity ∞
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 03:58:00 PM »
deleted
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 09:51:14 AM by Silt »

Offline Skip Slocum

• Writers are dreamers with pens
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 07:55:22 PM »
you will know your close. (youíre)

Donít worry about the lines, because you have a ticket in your left pocket,
Dramatic Drapery of your glistening gown Dances behind your every step.

(Going from having pockets to being in a gown was a little jarring at first then I realized that in a dream, anything is possible, right?)  ;D

Skip

Offline Dibby

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 10:24:42 PM »
Skip, thanks for the input! It is much appreciated. While your right that it's suggested to be a dream, or imagination, I still want it to be *somewhat lucid.* So that helped me toy around for a little while. And here's what I came up with as a transition. It was just a few words but then I got a little carried away - you know what I mean!  :D

--- Don't worry about the lines, because you have a ticket in your left pocket.
--- There shall be no worry in the slightest about setting up queue with lines of people, for stress doesn't exist here and never will. And don't entertain the energy of concern concerning the cost of admission either. Tonight's Perpetually Peaceful Performance is free for you. Simply reach into your back left pocket and you will find a Tiny Ticket named Tim. Present your newly discovered permission slip & impermanent pal named Tim to SeŮor Snugglesworth the Seventh. Then, and only then, will he let you enter. The doors, being co-dependent, graciously welcome you together - opening their arms to epic proportions... Together. Briskly Breeze though the huge double door lovers that stare enviously back at you sporting doorknobs and heartthrobs. Walking along you pass vertical vaulted framed mirrors casting Smile Spells in the reflections as you go. Note the delicate drapery of your Glistening Green Gown dance wildly with every uncontrollable hop, skip & jump that bursts forth from within your True Essence. Footprints left behind magically flourish into tangerine and electric yellow sunflowers. Children dilly-dally along with glee, Passionately Plucking Petals from your trail and blessing their own wavy hair with them...."  <new para> Once inside, a gingerly man will greet you... ---

That was quite fun! What do you think? Less jarring or maybe even more? hehe.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 07:12:44 PM by Artemis Quark »

Offline Skip Slocum

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 10:33:47 PM »
Shoot yeah, that does away with the abrupt costume change.  ;D

EDIT: I just thought as I reread this; Don't worry about the lines, (lines could be anything as it reads now. However, if you added; 'Don't worry about waiting in the lines,' // this would clarify what kind of line is meant. Yes??)

Skip
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 10:40:11 PM by Skip Slocum »

Offline Dibby

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 11:05:47 PM »
I edited it! lol. How is it now? May seen cheap but I kinda like the idea, it makes it even more blissful. I keep editing it more and more I'm getting close to being done with that paragraph. Thanks again dude it wouldn't have happen if not for you, seriously...
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 07:12:00 PM by Artemis Quark »

Offline Skip Slocum

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 11:17:20 PM »
I'm glad I could help.

They say; "written once, edited forever." Many folks expect perfection from themselves on the first try. A piece can always be polished. I'm glad you see it that way. A fine-tuning if you will.  ;D

Skip

Offline iconoclastic111

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 12:02:39 AM »
Very enjoyable.

Offline 510bhan

• So many jobs to do . . .
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2011, 06:16:37 AM »
Well done - probably the only topic where you could get away with such theatricality and bombast. Clever little piece. :) :) :)

Offline Journey

• Learn something new every day
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2011, 06:49:38 AM »
I woke up stressed today, a lot on my plate. Thought I would read a piece before embarking on my own writing. I read your story and could feel the tension leave my body. Your story put me in the Land of OZ. I just loved it! What a nice way to start the morning. Fabulous!
Thanks for starting my day off right  ;D
Writing takes me to places and times that Air Miles doesn't cover.

Offline nigelw

• Nigel Williams
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2011, 07:32:06 AM »
I know you'll think this is crazy...but I have a memory or old dream which is very similar to this piece...sent shivers up my spine.

Offline Dibby

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2011, 12:58:02 PM »
Thanks for all the comments everyone.  ;D

Offline Dibby

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2011, 01:43:04 AM »
I know you'll think this is crazy...but I have a memory or old dream which is very similar to this piece...sent shivers up my spine.

Interesting Nigel! What was your dream about? Details?