Author Topic: Difficult to find personal case study  (Read 2115 times)

Offline iwonatw

Difficult to find personal case study
« on: March 09, 2011, 05:03:20 AM »
Hi

This is for a newspaper article I'm writing. I've got a difficult task of finding someone (based in the UK) who has been subject to employee surveillance / monitoring at work, for whom this experience caused a lot of distress and who possibly lost his/her job as a result (I don't need to reveal their name in the article). Do you know of any suitable forums out there, where I could post my request for people to get in touch? I've tried some already (mums, dads, redundancy help, jobseekers help etc) but (surprise, surprise!) no one wants to talk to me. This is my first commission for a major national so I really want to do a good job.

Any help whatsoever will be very much appreciated!

Many thanks   ;D

Offline MWM

• Mistakes Writers Make
Re: Difficult to find personal case study
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 09:35:17 AM »
Trying putting out a Twitter request using the hashtag #journorequest
<a href="http://mistakeswritersmake.blogspot.com">Mistakes Writers Make blog</a>: An online resource for new writers of non-fiction

Offline iwonatw

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 10:27:36 AM »
Thank you! Have just tried that.

Offline MWM

• Mistakes Writers Make
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 03:41:15 PM »
Good luck! It's saved my bacon a few times in the past. Although it is starting to get a bit abused and spammed now, which is a shame.
<a href="http://mistakeswritersmake.blogspot.com">Mistakes Writers Make blog</a>: An online resource for new writers of non-fiction

Offline MWM

• Mistakes Writers Make
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 03:46:47 PM »
Afterthought: you should also try one of those anti-surveillance pressure or campaign groups. Not my area and don't have contacts, but I'm sure a bit of Googling will get you there.

Offline iwonatw

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 04:28:03 AM »
Thanks again! Had no luck so far with Twitter, will need to RT. I'm also trying trade unions...

Offline RebeccaEmin

• My Blog
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 04:30:10 AM »
What is your twitter username? Or if you add me, I'll RT it for you.

I'm @RebeccaEmin

Some of my followers are quite good at RT's as well  ;)

Offline iwonatw

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 04:48:13 AM »
Hi Rebecca and thanks. I've added you and I'm @iwonatw (a complete twitter novice I must say!)

KR

Offline RebeccaEmin

• My Blog
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 04:52:27 AM »
I have retweeted your message, I will do so again later in the day as with Twitter, people only tend to catch what is in the timeline at that particular time, if they are following more than about 40 people.

Rebecca

Offline iwonatw

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 05:01:43 AM »
Much appreciated, Rebecca! It's such a sensitive subject no one's talking to me!

Offline MWM

• Mistakes Writers Make
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2011, 05:52:56 AM »
It's strange you're struggling for an anonymous comment - are you emphasising that side of it? I will RT it for you too - I'm @WritersMistakes

Offline iwonatw

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 06:03:21 AM »
Oh, hello AG. Thank you! Yes, I did say in my tweet that I will protcet their identity...

Offline Amanda George

• Currently editing all my manuscripts!
    • Stories 4 Children
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2011, 09:06:57 AM »
I'd be happy to help if I had proof of what my employer did but I don't and don't want to be sued for libel etc  Sorry!
There is no beginning or end. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that's why they call it the present (unknown)

Money cannot buy happiness but somehow, it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes Benz than it is on a bicycle.