Author Topic: A musing  (Read 2026 times)

Offline GlennQ

A musing
« on: January 26, 2006, 11:45:39 AM »
Here is musing of sorts which came to me a few days ago.  I did put it on another Newbie Writer's site, and received some favourable comment.  Be interested to know what fellow writers here think.  As I say, I can only term it a musing - hope you enjoy it!

Glenn

THE DAY LOVE DIED

There was no drama
                                                                                               the day love died
                                                                                                            no weeping heart

no tears, no relief

cold

frosted underfoot
                                                                                              damnable indifference
                                                                                 the day love died

mourning ?

no

mourn not, the death of love
                                                                             born to live, born to die
                                                                                          all things…
                                                                                                 …immune love to tick of time?
                                                                                                                            …the passing of the stars

no

I never cried
                                                                                                     the day love died

I believe I never even noticed.

-x-

© COPYRIGHT Glenn D.  Quelch 2006

Jayel

Re: A musing
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 08:01:40 PM »
Knowing nothing of the technicalities of poetic verse I can only tell you that I found this a very thought provoking piece.  I think that your musing is quite true - occasionally love dies a long, lingering death, nothing sudden or even particularly tragic, instead it is hardly noticed when love finally succumbs to the drowning of indifference.

I very much enjoyed this.  Thank you for sharing it.

Offline aelfwin

• Unicorn, the symbol of fantasy
    • The Aelf's Bloggery
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 10:52:13 PM »
GlenQ, I really like this. As jayel said. it's thought provoking. I wonder how many times love slips away from us while we are otherwise occupied?  :( Aelf.

Offline GlennQ

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2006, 07:10:16 AM »
Thankyou kindly Jayel and Aelf,

it is nice to produce words that people appreciate - suppose it what drives us.  I too have no idea what poetry 'is' or 'isn't' - in fact I'd be so bold as to venture that it is such a personal and subjective thing, that it cannot be defined or boxed.  I know there are a lot of rules and hype about it, but for me - if one can successfully comminicate feelings and images with which others can empathise, then that is poetic.  For this I stand ready to be attacked by 'purists'.   ;D

Thanks again to both of you,

Glenn