Author Topic: New York Literary Agency  (Read 1900 times)

Offline Painter

New York Literary Agency
« on: July 14, 2006, 12:36:26 PM »
Has anyone had dealings with the New York Literary Agency?  They have offered to reperesent me but I have to sign up to a critique sevice which they will refer me to and which will cost somewhere between $70-$90.  I have not come across this before and am therefore rather unsure whether or not to proceed. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Nadine L

Re: New York Literary Agency
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 03:01:12 AM »
You may want to look at the "Agency for new writers" post.  To briefly answer your question, I haven't heard anything favorable about them on any of the forums I visit.  Do ck the post mentioned above.

Nadine

Offline Painter

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 03:29:25 AM »
Nadine. Thanks for the information. I have just realised that there is a useful discussion in progress on the NYLA. I certainly won't be going forward with that agency.
Best wishes.

Nadine L

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2006, 03:39:18 AM »
It never hurts to ask when you feel something isn't quite right.  Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.  I have found writers usually look out for each other, so never hesitate to ask.

Nadine

Offline Writers Block

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2006, 05:32:49 AM »
Has anyone had dealings with the New York Literary Agency?  They have offered to reperesent me but I have to sign up to a critique sevice which they will refer me to and which will cost somewhere between $70-$90.  I have not come across this before and am therefore rather unsure whether or not to proceed. Has anyone had a similar experience?

DON'T DO IT

I tend to critique in a harsh manner. Please remember it is not personal, but how I prefer anyone critiqueing me to be. It is far more useful IMO.

WB

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Offline eric

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 09:31:23 PM »
Writers Block is 100% correct. A legitimate agent never charges anything.

eric