Author Topic: What about collaborating  (Read 1471 times)

Offline wileygrrl

What about collaborating
« on: August 01, 2006, 06:32:15 PM »
Hello.

I have recently posted a request to meet someone to collaborate with me on the novel i am currently writing.  I decided on this because i am legally blind and feel that i am slowed down too much. I have the book story line and climax, i know it is a good story and has a super ending but i fear i just can't do it alone.

Are there things i should know about collaborating?
Find a career you love and you'll never work a day in your life.

I don't work. I write.
                   Jennifer Elizabeth McDonald

Offline matsamu

• I'm not a Goof, i'm a spoof on Life
Re: What about collaborating
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 09:25:01 PM »
Basically....choose carefully. Some people will steal your outline and story and use it for themselves...evil, I know But it happens. I'd say go with someone who you think you can trust. But that doesn't mean that you should turn everyone down. Take a risk on some people too. Make sure that the people you're talking to know exactly what the story line is. Don't take too many suggestions if you think they deviate from the storyline. Let them make suggestions, but it's still you're story. Do with it what YOU want.
*pop* That was my head. It just got blown.

Offline wileygrrl

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 12:56:02 AM »
Thank you so much for responding.

My concern was whether someone would steal the story line. I wasn't sure if there was some type of contractual agreement that could be used. I know every writer thinks their storyline is the great but i know mine really is god. LOL. . . God, i can't believe i said that. Anyway, it is hard for me to put the story together because, being legally blind, i have a hard time really reviewing everything. . . then i think, a good editor will do that.  Writing a complete novel is very involved and i am not sure if i can keep the timeline in sync . . . just so many things. But, i know i can write and i know i can tell the tory with some back-up. Maybe i can do it on my own.

Paradon my stream-of-consciousness writing. I am torn as to what to do.

Anagin, thanks so much for your comments.
Find a career you love and you'll never work a day in your life.

I don't work. I write.
                   Jennifer Elizabeth McDonald

Offline matsamu

• I'm not a Goof, i'm a spoof on Life
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 10:55:51 AM »
No problem. Glad to help. You know...I'm willing to edit for you. You can be assured that your great story won't be stolen by me...cuz you know...I have better...i mean my own ideas...Lol.
Just pm me or email me...whatever you want to do.
*pop* That was my head. It just got blown.