Author Topic: Sticky: Please read this first  (Read 20392 times)

Offline Sharad

• View Profile
Re: Sticky: Please read this first
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2011, 01:44:54 PM »
Thanks for the heads up  :D

Offline SoundGeare

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2014, 01:23:40 AM »
I am in the middle stages of writing a dramatic surrealist script. Several portions of the story are entirely dependent on specific visuals and symbolism rather than dialogue. Would that be acceptable to post here or would something like that be too bothersome?
I'm not saying that there isn't any dialogue at all, or that the entire thing is a string of unrelated occurrences. There is a coherent plot and characters and all, but the first scene in particular is a string of symbolic sequences.

Would it be okay to post something like that here?

Offline Equilonic

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2015, 07:49:08 AM »

I'm new here, so I'm not sure if I'm posting this in a right place (sorry, if I'm not).
So I just have a few questions.
1. I'm writing comic book scripts – is this forum section where I submit them?
2. Are outlines okay to submit? For people who don't know or use outlines: Outline is a short description of your script containing all important points, but omitting dialogue. It's not a finished product and may not be written in a proper literary language. May be presented as pages of prose or bullet points. In other words, it may not be fun to read, but personally I find it very useful to write and I'd like people to have a look at my outlines and receive constructive criticism and advice on the general direction the story is going.
3. Is it okay to submit external link to your story? Most people copy-paste their writing here, but I'd like to upload mine to Google Drive and give everyone a link maybe. It'd allow me to preserve the original formatting and I think it could ease everyone a reading experience.

I did read the rules, but haven't found anything that answers these questions... But maybe I missed it, so just point me to the thread.

Now I'll go and comment on other people scripts while I wait for an answer.

Offline Laura H

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2015, 02:41:28 PM »
Hi Equilonic,

We ask that you not post links. Most members will be reluctant to click links, and when you post a portion of your work here (under 1000k) the whole community can benefit from seeing the work and the feedback. I know I learn as much from other writers' critiques as from those on my own stuff.

You are welcome to post an outline for feedback, just observe the 2000k limit. You'll find that you get more readers and reviewers with shorter bits, anyway.

Here's some info on formatting -

And do please pop in to introduce yourself on the Welcome Board so we can greet you properly

Glad you've joined us,

« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 04:47:18 PM by Alice, a Country Gal »
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ― Maya Angelou

“Don't be like the rest of them, darling.” ― Eudora Welty

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2016, 07:23:16 AM »
Please note, everyone, the word limit has been increased to 1,500 per submission.

The rules have been updated.