Author Topic: Sticky: Problems Editing Your Profile? Please Read!  (Read 12545 times)

Offline Nick

• Nick Daws
  • Global Moderator
  • Retired from running MWC but still writing!
    • View Profile
    • Entrepreneur Writer
Sticky: Problems Editing Your Profile? Please Read!
« on: February 15, 2011, 05:45:22 AM »
We are getting a lot of queries about this from new members, so I hope this topic will clear up any confusion.

Because of a growing spam problem, we have had to restrict the ability of new members to post items such as website links and 'signature text' in their profiles. New members are also prevented from posting avatars (images) to display beside their posts. New members will also be unable to edit their own posts until they have at least 50 posts.

We regret that it became necessary to do this, but we were obliged to take action to stop the forum becoming overrun with spam. After you have posted a certain number of messages - and proved that you are a bona fide member with no evil intentions - full posting privileges will be given to you. The total number of posts required to achieve this status is around 50. New members will also be unable to edit their own posts while they are still in Newbie status.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience, but if you become active in our community, provide feedback to other members on their work, take part in some games and challenges, and so on, you should soon find that you have achieved full membership status.

Welcome to MWC!

Nick Daws

« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 07:54:45 PM by fire-fly »
Check out my writing blog at www.entrepreneurwriter.net. I also have a new UK personal finance blog called Pounds and Sense.