Poll

Scene directions - Should this be written in 2 parts? I want to show both the workshop and the carpark.

scene directions
1 (100%)
re-write
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: G'day - From the New Kid on the Block  (Read 1545 times)

Offline Pet

G'day - From the New Kid on the Block
« on: February 10, 2011, 09:31:37 PM »
FADE IN. BEGIN TITLE SEQUENCE.   (Should this scene be written in 2 parts? I want to show the workshop and the carpark as you would see it from a few metres away, and then possibly pan in.)

EXT. ROYAL AUTOMOBILE CLUB - WORKSHOP - DAY

An establishing shot of the frenzied workshop, mechanics
in blue uniforms, car owners coming and going, keys jingling.
A sunny morning.  A small group of people mill around the entrance. A
small bus, with the words "courtesy shuttle" screeches to a halt in the carpark.

R.D. Mohr

Re: G'day - From the New Kid on the Block
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 11:58:46 AM »
Normally you would leave camera directions (pan, tilt up etc.) out of a script. This is the perogative of the director, unless you plan on directing yourself. The KISS principle applies here, best to be as uncluttered as possible. For a good example of this, read the script of ALIEN, you will be shocked at how little direction and description there is, especially considering the visual richness of the film.

RD

Offline Kiryana

Re: G'day - From the New Kid on the Block
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 09:27:30 PM »
As RD said it's up to the Director and cast to handle the specifics of bringing the scene to life. Just like the process of you pulling it from your head and putting it to paper, they pull it from paper and make it visual.  And from the little experience I have a director is far more adapt at making your thoughts come to lie on screen than you are. So, get them your idea on some paper and watch them work.
"Whether we bring our enemies to justice, or justice to our enemies, justice will be done."