Author Topic: article in Belgian newspaper  (Read 2150 times)

robert1704

article in Belgian newspaper
« on: January 24, 2006, 01:17:31 PM »
Article about my interview with the "Gazet van Antwerpen"
When I find a minute time (where am I gonna find that?) I will make a translation into English.

http://www.gva.be/knipsels/default.asp?art={C55538A6-4F86-4A00-AF59-82031B1D798E}Auteur breekt door in Amerika

Robert

Offline aelfwin

• Unicorn, the symbol of fantasy
    • The Aelf's Bloggery
Re: article in Belgian newspaper
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 01:31:33 PM »
Hi Robert, Congratulations. I would have clicked on the link, but I'm lucky that I can read English, much less any other language LOL. As we say in Tennessee, "Good Show", or is that Britain? Oh well, you know what I mean ;D Aelf P.S. I'll be looking for the translation.

Offline prophetcharlesb

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 09:53:13 PM »
Congrats!!! I read the article and they really gave you a good review. Congrats again!!!
"A man who has never made a woman angry is a failure in life"

christopher morley

Lin

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 03:27:32 AM »
Congrats Robert,

Fortunately I can read it in Dutch.

Great picture of you and great review eh?  Im just waiting for the same to happen to me and then its all go.  A friend of mine if looking to translate books into Dutch.  Thats the problem I would like to do book signings in Holland but I dont think it would go down well unless the book was in Dutch and mine is in English.   Perhaps my friend would do the translation later on.
Then I can get a Dutch publisher!!
Lin

robert1704

As promised, the translation of the article
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 09:52:43 AM »
Robert Maegh publishes thriller about terrorism and the "West".

Robert Maegh (60), living in Vosselaar (Belgium), has written a novel concerning terrorism and the "West". The book "A Holy Terror" is written in English and is since the beginning of January available on the bookshelves in the American bookstores. The author has already started a sequel to the book.

Vosselaar
In daily life, Robert Maegh is an engineer in the construction business. During his free time, he has written the book "A Holy Terror". The American publisher "Publish America" was straight away interested in the thriller. The book is since 9 January for sale in the United States.
"In the beginning, according to the publisher, it would last a year before the book would be available. However, the "Publish America" has realized it in six months", beams Robert Maegh.
"This is my first novel. I started writing in English after an Internet-correspondence with an Australian woman. A friend in the United Kingdom has checked the manuscript on grammatical mistakes. It has taken me one year and a half to finish the book."
For his work, Robert Maegh travelled around the world. Nine years ago, he moved definitively with his wife from Antwerp to Vosselaar. The engineer is especially interested in history, mythology and politics.

Assaults
"My book deals with Western culture and the powers that intend to destroy our civilization. The story takes place in Australia where a terrorist group commits terrible assaults", tells Robert Maegh, "the story is however not discriminating, nor racist. I am rather conservative, but I have no political ties".

Robert Maegh has at the moment no idea of how many copies of "A Holy Terror" have been sold. "It is not yet certain if the book will ever be translated in Dutch. Then I must probably rewrite it partly. Making a movie of the book would be beautiful, but then I must elaborate a complete scenario", Robert Maegh dreams aloud. On his English website, the author gives more explanation concerning the book and his view on the world.
The book is not yet in the Belgian bookshops, but it can be ordered online.
www.westernfreedom .com
Bart VAN DEN LANGENBERGH