Author Topic: The series LOST  (Read 1999 times)

Offline "lorraineofkeli"

• The World Is Yours!
The series LOST
« on: July 18, 2006, 05:08:22 PM »
Apparently the writers had a much shorter version set up for LOST (leading to a conclusion much sooner) but were told to keep writing as it was making so much money.  So now these writers are confusing the hell out of everybody with their plot twists and strange events.. I think they've done a really good job of it and no matter how confusing, it makes you come back for more and more..
I think Lost is a fascinating series. What does everybody else think? Wouldn't it be great to be a writer for the show? Just let your imagination go wild.

OzMac

Re: The series LOST
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 07:18:09 PM »
I'm something of a LOST fanatic.  Yeah, one of those people who could not wait for the second series to reach television, so instead downloaded the episodes.

You're quite right.  Originally they had scripted three series but, due to the success of the show, they are going to keep it going a lot longer.  One interview with one of the writers suggested 'nine' in total.  I suppose if interest begins to falter, they would probably round things off as necessary, but American audiences tend to be quite loyal to TV shows, (Friends made it to series 10 for example), so don't be surprised to see this one go the distance.