Author Topic: Whats the weather like where you live?  (Read 506723 times)

Offline wanzulfikri

Re: Whats the weather like where you live?
« Reply #1125 on: March 02, 2012, 08:38:21 AM »
In Malaysia, since it is located along the equator line- people kept complaining it is 'Hot! Hot! Hot!' The clouds seems to run away at one time and when it comes back, it rages with rain. Anyhow, it is a great time to sleep when it rains here in Malaysia. Cooling the body of past heats....

Offline thatollie

« Reply #1126 on: March 02, 2012, 12:15:04 PM »
Foggy
Never make a decision standing up.

Offline Laura H

« Reply #1127 on: March 02, 2012, 01:30:22 PM »
WINDY
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ― Maya Angelou

“Don't be like the rest of them, darling.” ― Eudora Welty

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
« Reply #1128 on: March 02, 2012, 01:44:40 PM »
Dark and deathly still.  But there's none of the pre-storm crackle in the air which sometimes comes with the great stillness.  Not a star in sight so there must be a thick layer of cloud up there. 
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline fire-fly

• Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi
« Reply #1129 on: March 02, 2012, 04:04:10 PM »
Flooding again.  ???
I'm A Binge Thinker: Do It A Lot Somedays, Then Not Much At All.

Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it alive. >:D

Offline DaVaun

• My Author Blog
« Reply #1130 on: March 06, 2012, 03:13:59 AM »
Perfect weather, cloudless sky. Beautiful enough to make me weep over working nights to get my writing done. But then I get over it and get back to editing. lol!
once more into the fray, into the last good fight i'll ever know... www.davaunsanders.com

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
« Reply #1131 on: March 06, 2012, 04:00:42 AM »
Blue sky with just a few fluffy 'sheep' clouds.  Mild.  No wind to speak of.  Probably what the Met Office boys call 'still airs'. 

The garden birds love it.  Lots of chasing around going on.  The collared doves have already checked out the holly tree as a nesting site again.  We shall wait and see.  Sometimes they build half a nest, seem to settle down, and then 'her Ladyship' decides she'd prefer a nest in the back garden so poor old Daddy bird has to build another one.

Although we had the hedge hacked a week ago the holly is still plenty thick for security in the middle.

Gyppo
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline Vienna

« Reply #1132 on: March 06, 2012, 08:32:08 AM »
bloody awesome today, even more awesome than yesterday and that is saying something because yesterday was amazingly awesome in its awesomeness.
Just a well-read punk peasant

Going to church makes you a christian as much as standing in a garage makes you a car!

Offline thatollie

« Reply #1133 on: March 06, 2012, 11:38:19 AM »
Yesterday was one of the wettest we've had this year. I was out all day and got the worst of it.

Today was great, blue skies and sunshine.
Never make a decision standing up.

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
« Reply #1134 on: March 06, 2012, 12:18:12 PM »
I'm currently sat here in a short sleeved shirt and have both windows open.  In another half an hour or so the sun will have migrated to the back of the house and I'll probably have to shut the windows again.  The anti-histamine pill is taking care of the early pollen from the gently swaying hazel hedge.

Room temperature, just on sunlight alone with no other heating is currently 68 F.   I expect this to decline quite sharply in the next half an hour or so.

Life feels pretty good right now.

Gyppo

Lin

Re: What's the weather like where you live?
« Reply #1135 on: March 07, 2012, 09:40:13 AM »
Hi Gyppo I had to read this twice!  I wondered where the hell you had migrated to!LOL   We had no sun today it's raining cats and dogs as the Dutch people like to say in English. I am off to the podotherapist to try and get her to sort out my Achilles tendon.  Can't walk, can't eat because of a mouth infection due to a grain of muesli stuck in my gums, hubby is depressed, the weather is crap, what more can a woman want? 

Anyway coming back to good ol' blighty next week.  Lots of things to do - Yorkshire, then South Wales and then home again, (wherever that is these days)  I have to say that the Dutch honeymoon period got lost a few years ago now and all I want to do is retire to the UK in 4 years, 2 months and two weeks time.  Going to put the house up for sale in two years time, it might take all that time to sell!  Yeah I need some sun on me!  When I went to Cape Verde a few weeks ago it wasn't very sunny there either.  Holland is fine in the summer, but winter is so miserable, there is no scenery for me to look at. The tulips will be out in five weeks time- already the crocuses are filling the fields with colour. 

Enjoy the rest of your day

Lin x

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
Re: What's the weather like where you live?
« Reply #1136 on: March 07, 2012, 01:09:06 PM »
Hi Gyppo I had to read this twice!  I wondered where the hell you had migrated to!LOL 

I wondered myself.  Today the weather made up for it with cold rain from a miserable matt grey sky.   A few black thunderclouds would have relieved the mononotony, but they stayed away.  Just grey, grey, grey.

Gyppo

Offline Mastafrank

« Reply #1137 on: March 07, 2012, 01:45:34 PM »
sunny and +12c 8)

Offline fire-fly

• Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi
« Reply #1138 on: March 07, 2012, 05:46:04 PM »
Rain, rain and some more rain in case we didn't see the other lots.  :D

Had a fire call at 3am and it was very brisk, starting to show the first signs of Autumn. Bloody chilly today, may have to shut a window soon.  ???
I'm A Binge Thinker: Do It A Lot Somedays, Then Not Much At All.

Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it alive. >:D

Offline herron

• There's no burden heavier than a great potential.
    • Broken Glass
« Reply #1139 on: March 08, 2012, 11:51:25 AM »
It's been unseasonably warm all winter. Only one snowfall of any significance, and now we're marching (no pun intended) into spring. Waiting to see if the solar flare yesterday produces an aurora at this latitude.  :)
web: Broken Glass
blog: Painting With Light
media: RLH Media
The Book of Face: R. Herron, Author
Tweets: @ronherron