Author Topic: Whats the weather like where you live?  (Read 507091 times)

Offline fire-fly

• Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi
Re: Whats the weather like where you live?
« Reply #705 on: August 14, 2011, 06:22:36 PM »
Woody, I sooo love those pics mate, how about that ay.  ;D

Its not snowing here thank goodness. We did have a massive storm and lightening took out one of the main power poles.

Today, warm, sunny, perfect again really.

Just took Ruby for a walk and I am rather hot now I am back home.
I'm A Binge Thinker: Do It A Lot Somedays, Then Not Much At All.

Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it alive. >:D

Offline herron

• There's no burden heavier than a great potential.
    • Broken Glass
« Reply #706 on: August 14, 2011, 10:24:57 PM »
Rain for two days, but it's supposed to be perfect tomorrow.  :)
web: Broken Glass
blog: Painting With Light
media: RLH Media
The Book of Face: R. Herron, Author
Tweets: @ronherron

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
« Reply #707 on: August 15, 2011, 06:04:48 AM »
But how do they define 'perfect'?  That which would suit my lizard of a Sister definitely wouldn't suit the Old Polar Bear, and neither of us would be too happy with the kind of weather which makes froga and toads delirious with joy.

Currently overcast, 70F, cool(ish) breeze.
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline megansara

« Reply #708 on: August 15, 2011, 07:02:08 AM »
Here in Spain we are up at 30 degrees today and very humid. No sign of rain, thankfully a little breeze.

Offline WoodridgeNZ

« Reply #709 on: August 15, 2011, 07:43:06 AM »

heehee wow that must have been total mayhem.... In Ottawa, Canada, the only time the snow creats havoc is if we get a foot of it in one night

You may well laugh at our little dramas with 3 or 4cm of snow  :P, but you must appreciate that it never snows in Wellington (except the odd flurry every couple of years). We have no snow ploughs - we have no infrastructure for dealing with snow!

There was more snow today. The kids are giddy with excitement. Apparently the kids at my boy's school weren't focused on their school work today - they were too busy staring longingly out the window at the white stuff that was covering the school grounds. I picked my boy up a bit early, and the kids and I made a snow-person in the backyard. Great fun!

K

Offline Vienna

« Reply #710 on: August 15, 2011, 07:47:36 AM »
Vienna Austria reporting 30 degrees and lovely sunshine again.
Just a well-read punk peasant

Going to church makes you a christian as much as standing in a garage makes you a car!

Offline WoodridgeNZ

« Reply #711 on: August 15, 2011, 08:04:20 AM »
Woody, I sooo love those pics mate, how about that ay.  ;D

Its not snowing here thank goodness. We did have a massive storm and lightening took out one of the main power poles.

Forgot to say...
Thanks for that, FF, mate.

Today, warm, sunny, perfect again really.

Just took Ruby for a walk and I am rather hot now I am back home.

The reason you're getting nice weather, while we're getting this icy blast, is that you've got this whopping great high pressure system right across the Tasman sea that's trapped these two lows that have collided right along our eastern coast - one of those lows having just come from a trip across the Antarctic.  :D

Offline Alice, a Country Gal

• http://www.writestreet.com/writestree
  • Hello from Texas
    • Alice's Hide Away
« Reply #712 on: August 15, 2011, 11:38:08 AM »
My weather situation has been so boring that I haven't bothered reporting it.

But for the record, we are currently experiencing a record I would love to see broken.

It is now something like 27 or 28 days of high temps. 105 F, give or take a degree here and there.

Some near by areas did get a spat of rain last night . . . but I didn't!  :(

MWC Charity Publications.
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight>
The universe is made of stories, not of atoms. -Muriel Rukeyser, poet and activist (15 Dec 1913-1980)

R. L. Copple's: http://www.rlcopple.com/

I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.
-Mohandas K. Gandhi

SharonLeigh

« Reply #713 on: August 15, 2011, 09:26:31 PM »
Finally sunny, beautiful, 80 degrees...slight breeze and hardly a cloud. Nice to see, after the past few months of chill, grey, and rain...(we`re all calling it `the summer that wasn`t`.)  Lounging by the pool, finally have some color on these ghostly limbs-! Hopefully this will keep well into September, if we`re lucky.

Offline fire-fly

• Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi
« Reply #714 on: August 16, 2011, 03:53:47 AM »
Woody, we are supposed to get a gut full of it this week mate. One final winter blast before spring greets us I guess.  ;D

Overcast today but no rain yet.
I'm A Binge Thinker: Do It A Lot Somedays, Then Not Much At All.

Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it alive. >:D

Offline WoodridgeNZ

« Reply #715 on: August 16, 2011, 07:14:42 AM »
Snow for the third day in a row. More expected tomorrow, then it will clear up. Unprecedented, as I noted earlier! My boy's school was closed today because of the ice hazard, and we had black ice on our street. Auckland, for those of you who know where that is, apparently recorded its lowest ever daytime temp yesterday (8.2 deg C). (It was colder than that here, and even colder in the South Island, but that's a bit shocking for the Auckland crowd.  :o)

Strangely, though, yesterday and today, it was beautifully sunny in the middle of the day, melting most of the snow so we can see the grass etc, then the front comes in and dumps snow on us again, covering everything once more.

Have some great pics, but my computer's on a go-slow today, so no time/patience to share. Maybe tomorrow.

K

Offline Mastafrank

« Reply #716 on: August 16, 2011, 09:22:57 AM »
You may well laugh at our little dramas with 3 or 4cm of snow  :P, but you must appreciate that it never snows in Wellington (except the odd flurry every couple of years). We have no snow ploughs - we have no infrastructure for dealing with snow!

There was more snow today. The kids are giddy with excitement. Apparently the kids at my boy's school weren't focused on their school work today - they were too busy staring longingly out the window at the white stuff that was covering the school grounds. I picked my boy up a bit early, and the kids and I made a snow-person in the backyard. Great fun!

K

Ya it can be a problem if ya dont have any snow plows :o I just hope you all will just enjoy the snow ;)

Offline evatje

« Reply #717 on: August 16, 2011, 12:00:29 PM »
I can imagine your problems in NZ, as we had snow last year in the UK and we do not have any decent equipment either. Result:total chaos. Hope you are coping better than we did. But whatever happens, enjoy the scenery. Try warm wine and thick soups: they are lovely after a good walk through the snow.  ;)

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
« Reply #718 on: August 17, 2011, 03:19:18 AM »
Overcast, with a few breaks showing the lighter grey of higher level cloud.  Temperatures dropped though, a mere 68 F instead of the steady 70 we've been suffering.

Gyppo
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline Andrewf

• SciFi and Fantasy are my genre of choice.
« Reply #719 on: August 26, 2011, 11:15:55 AM »
Yay!!  i finally found the pic of lightning that i took ages back... was on my work's machine all along. :D

click to enlarge:
"If it can't be expressed in figures, it is not science; it is opinion." - L. Long.

Tales from the Circle - A charitable read. http://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?contributorId=1146002
Ask about eBook versions if required.