Author Topic: Whats the weather like where you live?  (Read 506480 times)

Offline megansara

Re: Whats the weather like where you live?
« Reply #690 on: July 30, 2011, 06:35:11 AM »
Glorious, on the banks of the Moonie River, here in Oz.  :D

What a great picture!
We are hot and humid here in Spain. No sign of rain although we had a cloud or two yesterday which just made it more humid. Need to head for the beach, I think.

Lin

« Reply #691 on: July 30, 2011, 07:38:19 AM »
the word mosquito comes to mind???

Lin x

Offline Mastafrank

« Reply #692 on: August 11, 2011, 01:49:44 PM »
Lots of snow n' ice in the winter, temperature can drop to -44c(plus winchill making it feel like -47c  :o)
But we have great wather from April-December average temperature is 26c(the hottest I've seen is +35c with a humidex it felt like 41c) so ya I love living in southern canada

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
« Reply #693 on: August 11, 2011, 05:28:27 PM »
Grey and muggy.  Not at all inspiring.
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline evatje

« Reply #694 on: August 12, 2011, 09:06:08 AM »
I'm still waiting for summer.... >:(

Offline Mastafrank

« Reply #695 on: August 12, 2011, 11:43:54 AM »
I'm still waiting for summer.... >:(

aww poor you :( we are lucky here in southern Ontario we've had a beautiful summer :P although spring was a total washout.

Offline evatje

« Reply #696 on: August 12, 2011, 11:54:13 AM »
Our spring was lovely. These days spring and autumn seem to be the best seasons. But a nice spring isn't the same as a good summer, as the days are shorter and the temperatures lower. We had a lot of strawberries though.

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
« Reply #697 on: August 12, 2011, 02:11:19 PM »
It's been grey but passable today.  Maybe because I was in a better and more positive mood anyway.  Even a temporary computer disaster just made me cuss instead of driving me to despair.
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline fire-fly

• Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi
« Reply #698 on: August 12, 2011, 03:55:54 PM »
Its pre dawn here so I am hoping the day is perfect. Having the 8 year olds birthday party and we don't need the rain forecast.  ???
I'm A Binge Thinker: Do It A Lot Somedays, Then Not Much At All.

Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it alive. >:D

Offline WoodridgeNZ

« Reply #699 on: August 14, 2011, 06:47:16 AM »
Snowing! Can you believe it?

Well, if you don't know Wellington, you won't understand what all the fuss is about! I've lived in Wellington over 20 years, and I've never seen snow like this here before. The most we've had is sleet or a few gentle flakes in the wind and reports of snow settling briefly in the higher (above sea level) suburbs. Hail has settled before and coated the garden in white.

But this is snow, and there was nothing gentle about its falling. It was pretty treacherous getting back home from Porirua this evening. But I made it safely - no thanks to a couple of 4-wheel drive owners who thought they owned the road and had more right to it than other people!

A couple of shots...
K

Offline WoodridgeNZ

« Reply #700 on: August 14, 2011, 06:48:24 AM »
Another...

Offline Vienna

« Reply #701 on: August 14, 2011, 06:49:50 AM »
Summer returns at last, at least for a day. Is it because my daugter is interrailing her way back home today after 2 weeks in the Uk and a week in Paris.............?
Just a well-read punk peasant

Going to church makes you a christian as much as standing in a garage makes you a car!

Offline WoodridgeNZ

« Reply #702 on: August 14, 2011, 06:50:35 AM »
I like this one...

Offline Mastafrank

« Reply #703 on: August 14, 2011, 12:50:20 PM »
Snowing! Can you believe it?

Well, if you don't know Wellington, you won't understand what all the fuss is about! I've lived in Wellington over 20 years, and I've never seen snow like this here before. The most we've had is sleet or a few gentle flakes in the wind and reports of snow settling briefly in the higher (above sea level) suburbs. Hail has settled before and coated the garden in white.

But this is snow, and there was nothing gentle about its falling. It was pretty treacherous getting back home from Porirua this evening. But I made it safely - no thanks to a couple of 4-wheel drive owners who thought they owned the road and had more right to it than other people!

A couple of shots...
K

heehee wow that must have been total mayhem.... In Ottawa, Canada, the only time the snow creats havoc is if we get a foot of it in one night

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
« Reply #704 on: August 14, 2011, 01:05:21 PM »
The thermometer shows 70 F, but there's a nice cool breeze blowing.  Maybe its come all the way from New Zealand ;-)