Author Topic: Whats the weather like where you live?  (Read 525777 times)

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
Re: Whats the weather like where you live?
« Reply #600 on: June 10, 2011, 08:29:43 AM »
About 80% overcast.  Nearly every kind of cloud imaginable except for the big black thunderheads, all at different levels  Wispy cirrus being shredded by the wind at the top, and big fluffy white 'sky sheep' clouds at the lower levels.

Warm, with enough breeze to stop it being muggy.
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
« Reply #601 on: June 12, 2011, 03:39:09 AM »
A soft very gentle rain this morning.  Enough to moisten the leaves on the tress without moving them, until the weight of moisure is enough to make the individual leaf droop, thus gathering the the water inrto a single large clear drop hanging from the tip.  Some of these drops grew quite large before achieving enough weight to drop free, allowing the leaf to spring back up and start the whole cycle all over again.

Watching these sparkly drops grow it is a great time-waster ;-)  

The little birds are singing their heads off, and digging up waterlogged worms with great enthusiasm.

The sky is uniformly grey, but it's a light off-white grey rather than gloomy.

I feel no raging desire to go outside, but it's not wet enough to deter me if the mood suddenly strikes.
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline fire-fly

• Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi
« Reply #602 on: June 12, 2011, 08:28:13 AM »
Cold, rainy, windy, nipple crippling in fact.  :o

Still heading North at the end of the month to seek the sunshine but they are saying its only 23'C in the day and freezing at night, can't win this year.  ???
I'm A Binge Thinker: Do It A Lot Somedays, Then Not Much At All.

Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it alive. >:D

Offline ma100

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I don't need kinky boots, nothing will beat me.
« Reply #603 on: June 12, 2011, 08:53:55 AM »
Rainy and windy, but not cold. Fresh.

Offline Alice, a Country Gal

• http://www.writestreet.com/writestree
  • Hello from Texas
    • Alice's Hide Away
« Reply #604 on: June 12, 2011, 10:21:53 AM »
We've been experiencing hot and dry weather so continually, that I quit mentioning it.

The TV weather men have had to really stretch it, trying to find a different way to say the same thing they've been saying for days.

I don't mind the heat, prefer it to cold weather anytime I can get it. The lack of rain is something else again. All of our area lake levels are way down and as a result, they have once again put a 'rolling water rationing plan' in place. That means, you are only suppose to water your yard on certain days and those days are linked to the last numbers in your zip code.

So, anyone receiving more rain that you need or want, send it my way, everyone around here would be more than happy to receive it.  ;)     
MWC Charity Publications.
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight>
The universe is made of stories, not of atoms. -Muriel Rukeyser, poet and activist (15 Dec 1913-1980)

R. L. Copple's: http://www.rlcopple.com/

I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.
-Mohandas K. Gandhi

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
« Reply #605 on: June 12, 2011, 11:36:49 AM »
...but they are saying its only 23'C in the day and freezing at night

That's shirtsleeve weather ;-)  I thought you convicts were supposed to be tough.  But you definitely win when it comes to 'lizard weather'.

You know I was quite cheerful about the rain earlier on, but it's got heavier, the sky is darker, the wind is rattling my blinds, and it's beginning to piss me off.  It's as dark now as it has been at 9pm just recently.

IfIi didn't have a psychological need to see my trees bobbing around in the wind I'd shut the blinds, turn on the light - oh, it's already on -  and pretend the world wasn't there.

Flaming June?  What Flaming Bollocks!

I'll swear the grass around my daughter's Mini is visibly growing by the hour ;-)  But the red rose which grows up through our front hedge is just loving all this moisture.

Gyppo

Offline 510bhan

• So many jobs to do . . .
« Reply #606 on: June 12, 2011, 01:29:44 PM »
'Orrible -- after a promiing start. Cold, breezy, showery . . . not June weather at all.

Silt

« Reply #607 on: June 12, 2011, 01:37:39 PM »
It's raining rocks, or so seems.

Offline Albatross

« Reply #608 on: June 12, 2011, 04:44:32 PM »
rainy, cold and gloomy :(

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
« Reply #609 on: June 12, 2011, 04:48:34 PM »
Mum mentioned that the bees in the loft weren't flying today.  It seems bees don't like rain.  When you compare the size of a bee to a raindrop it would be like us being hit by something weighing about quarter of our bodyweight.  Also they need the sun to navigate, ans we've not seen that particular glowing orb all day long.  Not even a general lightening of the sky beyond the clouds.  So for the bees the world outside the hive today would be a directionless void, a bit like driving at night with your lights off and no sat nav.

So the poor little buggers are all doing inside work today and probably getting snappy with each other due to the overcrowding.

I don't think I'll go into the loft to check, just in case they decide to take it out on me ;-)

Gyppo
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 04:50:27 PM by Gyppo »

Offline fire-fly

« Reply #610 on: June 12, 2011, 05:59:54 PM »
Alice, the lake that is my backyard at present, could water your garden for the rest of your summer mate.  :D Its not raining right now but promising to at some stage today. The weather man says we will get 100ml tomorrow and Wednesday, thats not a good thing, we will float away. They built a block of units next door, made them raise the block by 1 metre so surprise, surprise, guess where the water goes.  >:(

Gyp up North, the days all year round are 33', very rarely varies, its only the humidity that changes. A 5' drop in temperature sends them scurrying for a jumper but this dramatic drop, poor buggars think they're in London mate.  ;)

Amazing stuff about the bees, I have never noticed that but I will watch mine from now on.  :D

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
« Reply #611 on: June 13, 2011, 03:27:42 PM »
Dry, warm(ish), plenty of cloud but with blue gaps.  I may take a stroll to the local supermarket, because I could do with a couple more reams of paper.  I usually have at least one spare ream kicking around, but I broke into it the other day when printing out a couple of sizeable e-books and I'm down to about my last hundred sheets.  I get nervous when I don't have enough paper around  ;-)

I remember the days when I bought twenty reams at a time to get a discount. 

Gyppo

Offline fire-fly

« Reply #612 on: June 13, 2011, 04:47:16 PM »
Still raining, hasn't stopped for days now, my car will float down the road soon, the gutters are so full.  ???

Offline herron

• There's no burden heavier than a great potential.
    • Broken Glass
« Reply #613 on: June 13, 2011, 09:00:56 PM »
Finally, a beautiful, dry, sunny day in the 70s.  :)

Stuck inside all day.  :'(
web: Broken Glass
blog: Painting With Light
media: RLH Media
The Book of Face: R. Herron, Author
Tweets: @ronherron

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
« Reply #614 on: June 14, 2011, 06:08:00 AM »
Finally, a beautiful, dry, sunny day in the 70s.  :)

Stuck inside all day.  :'(

Life's like that ;-)  Not always, but often enough to feel like a pattern.

Sunny here, more blue than cloud, with only the merest hint of a breeze.

The little birds are emptyng the feeder at an astonishing rate.  Possibly catching up for the wet days when they hid in the hedge and only grabbed a mouthful when they were desperate.  At this rate they'll finish the bag of corn before I can get any more.

Gyppo