Author Topic: MWC anecdotes  (Read 3033 times)

Offline Amie

• Esteemed Contributor
    • threegeese
MWC anecdotes
« on: November 05, 2006, 11:52:05 AM »
I think someone suggested in another thread that PaulW and I should give up writing fiction etc and just concentrating on telling anecdotes.  Well hey, I don't know about Paul, but I got a million of 'em -- some of them are even amusing ;)

Is this genuinely a publishable idea?  If so, anyone else want to contribute to a collection of MWC anecdotes? (post your anecdotes here if you do)
"You do not need to leave your room. Remain sitting at your table and listen. Do not even listen, simply wait, be quiet still and solitary. The world will freely offer itself to you to be unmasked, it has no choice, it will roll in ecstasy at your feet." - Kafka

PaulW

Re: MWC anecdotes
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 12:53:06 PM »
I thought they just said I should give up writing fiction - don't remember the rest! ;D

Offline CarrieSheppard

• All it took was a visit to AZ...
    • My blog pages
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 09:50:43 AM »
I have hundreds of them - mostly about my own 'adventures' ... not sure they are publishable, though they do make people laugh. 

Can't see the market immediately I must admit.  Mine are for my family.

Carrie

Offline Spell Chick

• Choose well
    • Little Bits of History
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 01:27:30 PM »
I found this from long ago and far away and thought maybe it would be fun. I see it is a bunch of mods (old and new) but thought maybe we could welcome newbies with tales of exploits from the MWC halls of fame.

I think some stories may be from outside MWC and yet, they were retold here and were fun to hear.
There is something about Gyppo looking fetching in a red dress.

Ma froze her underwear solid in her washing machine last winter and was cammando for several days waiting for it to thaw.

There is a rumored affair between Bones, the bar bartender, and Shakira.

And of course, there are any other number of tales.

I think this was a good idea and might have to try to awaken some old brain cells. Seeing if I can remember some old stories from the days of yesteryear.
Little Bits of History A short essay on something that happened on any day.

Imperfect Reason My thoughts, such as they are.