Author Topic: House Of Nano  (Read 184666 times)

Offline Jessie111

• Gawd Bless the Working Dog!
    • Pikey's Pocket
Re: House Of Nano
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2010, 05:18:59 AM »
Hello hello beautiful peoples  :-*

Oh my - a poetry comp too!!! 

As for the rules of writing flash fiction, I didn't know there was any!  I am so 'not in the know'!

Hi there Eric, thank you so much for missing me  ;D

I am sad that I am on such a different timeline to you guys, I would so love to chat more.  There is alot on for us in RL at the moment.

I had a GORGEOUS moment today - hmmmm, short story is I took out a very big sum of cash to buy myself a farm truck!  Not a bad feeling I must say, and not your average girlie day thing to do  ;D

The woman at the local bank was a bit thrown, as it was a big wad of money for a chick dressed in a "I do my own stunts" T-shirt to take out.  Near the end of the transaction she says, "Loved the story about you in today's paper!" - the local press ran a great story about me in there (remember folks it is a very small town!) - I think she thought this wad of cash was from the book!!!!

It wasn't - I have scrimped and saved for the truck for AGES!!!

Blah blah - I so wish we were on at the same time, feels awfully lonely in here on my ownsome sometimes!

As for the write up - January is my revisit.

There is alot of info on the Nano website, read through it last night, very helpful.

I am going to get the Scrivener, or whatever it is called.

ERIC - I have been trying to pick up my emails all day but our provider seems to be down - so will be a little while before I can get your great story - is there any other way to send it to me??

Righto - gotta go do an assignment.

BBS (be back soon)

Love J
NaNoWriMo - 2011
"Welcome Chaos"
Look for our little region on facebook!
BURNETT NANO NINJAS

Offline WoodridgeNZ

« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2010, 06:04:41 AM »
Hi Jessie

Just wanted to let you know you are not entirely alone - I'll be on for a little while. (I know it's not the same - I'm not a NaNo person, just a cheerleader - but around to say 'hi' at least.) Haven't been on here the past 2 nights - trying to catch up on my sleep!

Good on you for starting a post-NaNo thread.  :D

K

Offline 510bhan

• So many jobs to do . . .
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2010, 06:11:12 AM »
Hello fellow cheerer!

Offline Jessie111

• Pikey's Pocket
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2010, 06:20:08 AM »
Hello hello - YES I am delighted to 'see' you in here!  You are so funny, not a part of the Nano - foolish one, you are the FUTURE Nanoer, ppffftttt!

I am also on strict online time limits.

Such a balance, tis this life eh?!

Night night for now, and I will hope to see you in here again about this time tomorrow night!

x o x
J
NaNoWriMo - 2011
"Welcome Chaos"
BURNETT NANO NINJAS

Offline WoodridgeNZ

« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2010, 06:30:20 AM »
Cheers, Jessie. You are always so sweet! I might have my own little mini-NaNoWriMo over the Christmas/New Year break to work on my children's stories. Now, if I can just get my partner to pack the kids in the car and take off for a couple of days...  :D :D :D (Or let me go off somewhere on my own...) Good night, J.

Hi Sio. Haven't been on here the same time as you for a while. (How's your house?) Might see you over in Games...

K

Offline Jessie111

• Pikey's Pocket
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2010, 07:18:03 AM »
I should be in bed!  I am off that direction now, just thought I would pop in and say that the Nano site have listed the CreateSpace code PLUS the Scrivener code.  I have purchased Scrivener.  Tomorrow i will check it out and let you know what I think.  At first glance it looks pretty handy.

Eric - the reason I am still up?  I have just been pfaffing around trying to open your doc, for some reason I can't - grrr - sent you an email.

Night night all x o x

PS Woody, not to make you jealous but our little people are going to Nanna and Poppy for a night tomorrow, just one night but ahhhhhh the serenity!
 ;D
NaNoWriMo - 2011
"Welcome Chaos"
BURNETT NANO NINJAS

Offline 510bhan

• So many jobs to do . . .
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2010, 08:14:03 AM »
Just finished reading Jelena's nano - can't believe the quality that Eric and Jelena had in their work [secretly glad mine fell through - it could never be read by an outsider straight off like theirs]

I am happy, two days - two great stories. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy

Offline WoodridgeNZ

« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2010, 08:36:59 AM »
Ooh, ooh, ooh. Given Sio's enthusiasm, can I have a read, Eric/Jelena/anyone else who's ready to share? I don't promise a speedy reply, but I'll prioritise on any reading time I get.

Just PM me, and I'll send you my email address.

Must go to bed...!! See you later.  :-*
K

Offline Jelena

« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2010, 10:54:12 AM »
Hey guys and gals :)

Sio, you make me blush...again. lol

I have not had a chance to look at your comments yet, just the one part that was directly in the email. But I hope Ill get to look at that soon.

K, yes, Id love for you to read it. Ill PM you about your email address.

Jess, what is that thing you purchased????? and YAY for the truck!!!! That is awesome! And the same about you being in the paper. I thought bout telling my paper to write about it but I always find it weird when Im in the paper that I write for. So I didnt. You think I should? Might be too late now. Any news on the new home?

Eric, has your editor said anything about part II and III yet?

Nano Madness once again...

Offline eric

« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2010, 11:15:09 AM »
Jess, I sent you a pared-down copy of my book just now, hopefully you'll be able to open it.  If your email is still down I might send you a paper copy for Christmas if you are a good girl.  (And if you give me your mailing address in a PM.)  If you're back up and running never mind.

Jelena, my IE hasn't said a word which probably means that she's too busy (her boss wants to fire her for spending too much time at home with sick kids!).  I don't think parts II and III will live up to part I but maybe they can improve on editing.  After what Sio said about your book I can't wait to read it!  Actually, I'll have to wait but will get to it soon I hope.

Woody, I would be glad to let you have a read if you promise not to spread it around but am reorganizing my book now so it will be closer to about Christmas before I can send it out.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 11:18:54 AM by eric »

Offline Jelena

« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2010, 12:31:48 PM »
Eric, you have a great start with your first part. Im sure you will find a way to make 2+3 work. They might be better than you think! Sorry to hear about your editor. That certainly is nothing you want to deal with so close to the holidays. Nothing Id want to deal with period. But especially not now.
Nano Madness once again...

Offline eric

« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2010, 12:56:34 PM »
Yes, you're exactly right.  And he hired her saying he was a family man so he would have more compassion for sick-kid type leave!  Some compassion!

Offline eric

« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2010, 12:58:03 PM »
Jessie, let me know if your email is working and if you can download that new copy of my book.   8)

Offline WoodridgeNZ

« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2010, 10:27:29 PM »
Woody, I would be glad to let you have a read if you promise not to spread it around but am reorganizing my book now so it will be closer to about Christmas before I can send it out.

Eric, just whatever and whenever you're comfortable with. I promise not to send it on to anyone else without your permission! Just here to help, if I can. It's not just for my own entertainment! :D :D Though sitting in the sun reading some good writing is appealing right now! Around Christmas time would be great, as I'll have a bit more time on my hands and can justify sitting around reading! (And scribbling notes in the margins if you want that. Can be a grammar fascist if needed.  ;D ;D)

Jelena - Thanks for your PM. I've emailed you.  :)

Take care.
Kathleen

Offline eric

« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2010, 10:43:11 PM »
Let me get this editing done first, courtesy of my great current readers, and I probably will have something for you between now and Christmas.  The grammar should be perfect in its own odd way, or next to it, so will be most appreciative of your thoughts on that.  Typo alert!  Here comes le grammar Nazi!