Author Topic: House Of Nano  (Read 152835 times)

Offline 510bhan

• So many jobs to do . . .
    • View Profile
Re: House Of Nano
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2010, 02:52:22 PM »
Got mine too, thank you, Eric. Shall let it be a treat for me. Will get back to you when I have digested some of it. :D :D
Ambassador for NI. [without portfolio] 
http://www.lulu.com/shop/mwc/as-the-kettle-wolf-whistled/paperback/product-21544909.html

Offline Don

• Murder & mayhem for fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2010, 03:35:37 PM »
Congratulations, all you nanobots. I didn't bother you in November because you were preoccupied. Newsflash! November is gone. Those of you who haven't already done so (you know who you are) should go over to Flash Fiction Challenge 23 http://www.mywriterscircle.com/index.php?topic=30457.0 and give me an entry.

You know you know somebody who deserves a comeuppance.
I have a motto: when in doubt, go for the cheap laugh.

Offline Jelena

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2010, 04:01:02 PM »
Eric, I read about half of it so far and I love the story :) I did add some comments here and there in yellow. I have some more errands to run now, pick up my son and all the other good stuff but I will finish reading your story tonight and then email it back to you so you can looke at my questions and comments.
Great job so far! Im impressed :) And reading your story and seeing how you already got it out to readers that fast inspires me to start working on mine now. Tomorrow things should slow down again for me. Maybe I will be able to start then.
Nano Madness once again...

Offline docmon

• No Nano for me this year
    • View Profile
    • Monica T. Rodriguez: A Writer's Source
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2010, 09:36:19 PM »
I'm thrilled to see there's a permanent Nano thread! So we can suffer through our editing together. Last year I meant to just take off from writing for the holidays, since I had to do all my Christmas shopping, cards, baking, wrapping, decorating, etc., in the few weeks left in December (after I recovered from my first Nano). I ended up not beginning my editing until March!

But they do have NanoEdMo in March, so I used that to get my editing going - it's a commitment to edit for 50 hours during March. It's totally unofficial and run by people like us.

So I'm not even going to try to look at my story until after New Year's - but hopefully sooner than last year.

;)
Monica T. Rodriguez: A Writer's Source: http://monicatrodriguez.com
“There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed.” — Ernest Hemingway

Offline Jessie111

• Gawd Bless the Working Dog!
    • View Profile
    • Pikey's Pocket
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2010, 05:42:55 AM »
Hello hello

GREAT to see all the happy campers in this 'ere Nano thread!

And to see the new faces too *happy smiley dance emoticon here*

Eric, Eric, Eric - always gotta be the smarty pants, first cab off the rank eh??!!!   *put secret happy dancing emoticon here*

Seriously - well done, assuming it is in my inbox too, I don't get online much before this time, just in case you didn't notice  ;D

Best get to my inbox and do some reading soon then!

Hello everyone *wave wave*

Don - mine are in, they may be very crap, hmmmmm kinda like my Nano me thinks!  BUT they are in  ;D

As for my out loud public aim for the Nano - end of March.  Ready to try the script frenzy  ;)
NaNoWriMo - 2011
"Welcome Chaos"
Look for our little region on facebook!
BURNETT NANO NINJAS

Offline eric

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2010, 12:24:22 PM »
Don, I tried to write short fiction, I ignored all the rules, and it came out crapola.  I tried again, ignored most of the rules, and it came out crapola.  I tried again, paid attention to the rules, and it came out crapola.  I am just not cut out for short fiction.   In fact I am thinking of starting a group called Nanoers Against Short Fiction.  How does that sound?

Tempered

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2010, 12:26:27 PM »
sounds like a great thread to practice short story fiction :)

Offline eric

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2010, 12:30:16 PM »
Hi Temp, how are you doing today?

Tempered

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2010, 12:52:13 PM »
Pretty good, Eric.

I understand about the short story writing. Took me forever to get an idea on how to write in a novel style. They are very different to me.

When you all going to start editing these nano pieces?

Offline Jelena

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2010, 01:30:35 PM »
Soon, Temp.

I do have mine printed out because I find it easier to find mistakes when I see it on paper. Im hoping that I can start working on it this weekend.

Offline eric

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2010, 01:36:47 PM »
My readers are looking at the first part of my novella, and my IE is looking at parts II and III.  I hope to get the readers' input before I edit, I am brain dead enough to miss obvious problems now and hope my readers will get me back on track.  Parts II and III were done fast and are true first drafts, so I expect I will have to edit them more.

Offline Jelena

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2010, 01:42:29 PM »
I will send your first part back to you today with some ideas. hope that will help you out, Eric.

Offline eric

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2010, 01:45:58 PM »
Wow thank you Jelena.  You win the Speedy Reader prize, hands down.

Offline Jelena

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2010, 02:19:44 PM »
lol no problem, Eric. I didnt make any comments in the first few pages, didnt know if you wanted me to just read but then I started a little further into it.

If you want Ill send you mine already, not to edit yet, obviously, just to read, comment, suggest. whatever. Like I said I have not looked at it yet since I finished it last week.

Offline Alice, a Country Gal

• http://www.writestreet.com/writestree
  • Hello from Texas
    • View Profile
    • Alice's Hide Away
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2010, 03:17:05 PM »
My brain has gone numb I think.  At any rate, don't plan on any editing until after I start using that new calender.

Still, I know there are probably chunks of it when I was "forcing" the writing that will be moved into a "Maybe some other time" folder - only because I don't like to toss anything away where I can't find it again if needed.

At the very least, I sometimes find the seed of an idea that starts me on something different. Not always, but once in awhile.  ;D
MWC Charity Publications.
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight>
The universe is made of stories, not of atoms. -Muriel Rukeyser, poet and activist (15 Dec 1913-1980)

R. L. Copple's: http://www.rlcopple.com/

I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.
-Mohandas K. Gandhi