Author Topic: Chain Book!  (Read 34376 times)

Offline traveller

Re: Chain Book!
« Reply #150 on: July 24, 2006, 08:40:46 PM »
I think we need to decide if we're doing a few short(ish) stoires which link to the inn first or one longer novel - this would decide whether we've one main character or several. Barstaff at the Inn are likely to be supporting acts either way though at a guess

Offline matsamu

• I'm not a Goof, i'm a spoof on Life
« Reply #151 on: July 28, 2006, 02:31:30 PM »
I'm actually willing to do either, but I would prefer each author doing his own story, his own character, based around the inn at some point.

I also had an Idea for when we start writing this:

Say traveller has written five chapters of his story. He would then send copies of it to the rest of us. Each of us make our own corrections and editing and comments, send it back. He writes another five and sends us that set, PLUS the set beforehand to show us what he had done. Good? that way, we'll all be in the loop with each other, and no one is left out of this.
*pop* That was my head. It just got blown.

Offline pjtudor

« Reply #152 on: August 02, 2006, 02:59:19 AM »
DONT EMAIL ME ON THE ADDRESS I GAVE YOU ON THE FIRST PAGE MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS ""FAIRYFUN@HOTMAIL.COM.AU

oK?????????????????????

Offline pjtudor

« Reply #153 on: August 04, 2006, 04:30:11 AM »
DON'T EMAIL ME PJ AND YOU NOW THE REST.I JUST MADE THAT ADDRESS UP SO [DON'T EMAIL ME AT THAT]

Offline Hino Naoto

• Me
    • My myspace!
« Reply #154 on: August 09, 2006, 02:47:08 AM »
Im prob. late jumping on the bandwagon, but it could be REALLY interesting to write a story in that genre about a utopian society. Because everyone here knows, most utopian societys have some ugly ugly inner workings.

*runs away and hides*
Screw trying to be perfect! Its more fun to make mistakes!

Offline Hino Naoto

• Me
    • My myspace!
« Reply #155 on: August 09, 2006, 02:50:33 AM »
Im prob. late jumping on the bandwagon, but it could be REALLY interesting to write a story in that genre about a utopian society. Because everyone here knows, most utopian societys have some ugly ugly inner workings.

*runs away and hides*

after I got done writing this I thought maybe we could have somthing were people all live in that society and end up showing it fromt heir point of veiw and how they act and react the learning the truth about where they live?

Offline matsamu

« Reply #156 on: August 09, 2006, 03:41:13 PM »
It's a great idea...but...(damn my but!) We have something. The whole inn thing and the greek myths and stuff. a little difficult to place your story line in with that. Besides...i don't know how much is going to be done. I think WCA is gone somewhere and i know Traveller is... i just don't know any more. I hope we can revive it...

Offline Hino Naoto

• Me
    • My myspace!
« Reply #157 on: August 09, 2006, 05:39:38 PM »
It's a great idea...but...(damn my but!) We have something. The whole inn thing and the greek myths and stuff. a little difficult to place your story line in with that. Besides...i don't know how much is going to be done. I think WCA is gone somewhere and i know Traveller is... i just don't know any more. I hope we can revive it...

Ihope I get to see how your chian book goes! I LOVE greek myth <333 Should be interesting!!!
I think ill do somthing with my book idea. Just not sure WHAT yet. So many options!

Offline custard

• i wonder if they've noticed my wig?
« Reply #158 on: August 12, 2006, 06:28:33 PM »
I was wondering if i could get in on this. If so, could you PM me.  :)

Offline iCeFaiRy

• I just love words...
« Reply #159 on: August 15, 2006, 09:58:31 PM »
I'm in. PM me and please brief me on the progress, Matsamu.

How about doing a little mythic history of the world (I already have an idea on that). Say, how if we make the great continent Pangea as our home country? That would be something.

Here's the storyline I propose: (I've been brainstorming about this since last year)

There were only humans, animals and plants in this world. (Let's not discuss about God because we may end up fighting each other)
Evil substance (I write substance because I don't know in what form it's going to be) was there too, wanting to screw people's lives.

Evil went to people who love birds at the sky, saying that he can give them wings. He went to people who love the fish in the ocean, saying that he could make them breathe in the water. He went to people who like horses, saying he could make them run like horses. He went to people who beauty, singing and music, saying that he could make the world more beautiful - with those people as the rulers. He also went to people who liked to stay as children and thought that the world should be governed by children.

He promised good fortune, and the kingdom of the world to be their own. So he made a war within Pangea (there were no kings or so, only the communities were different). He turned many humans into bird-men, mermaids and mermen, centaurs, elves, dwarfs.
They (the people) were happy. They went to war. No one won (of course. everybody had the same evil power).

after the war, worse things happen. They figured out that they could not die, just getting older and older and older. They wanted to fight the evil within them, but they couldn't. Some gave up and became the soldiers of evil. Some chose to fight and build their own kingdom through out Pangea.

Our little story started here, with humans as the main characters. I'd like to insert magic, but please don't make them magicians. I'd like to make them "cooperating with nature's forces". Ohhhh... I forgot. Let's make people who love plants and turn them into forest guardians! Fire lover into fire guardian, etc. You get my point already.

Please note that all the creatures were already making a mistake and infected with evil, but some gave in and some regretted their decision. Our characters will fight the ones who joined the evil force. Some of the creatures would willingly help them, they wanted to take off from the dreary world. Some would hesitant to help - they did not want to die. Some would simply exclude themselves from the world and did not want to be involved in anything what so ever.

Please let me know what you guys think, or what you guys have made for the plot. Count me in!! (Sorry I couldn't read all the 11 pages of this topic)
The writer's job is not to judge, but to seek to understand. (Ernest Hemingway)

Wisdom has its root in goodness, not goodness its root in wisdom. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)

A loving heart is the truest wisdom. (Charles Dickens)

Offline matsamu

« Reply #160 on: August 16, 2006, 11:46:06 AM »
Don't worry...if i hadn't started it...i don't think i would have finished either..
Good idea. We just need to place in the myth idea with the inn...that's all I ask.

Offline custard

« Reply #161 on: August 17, 2006, 05:21:44 AM »
this is just an idea and may be rubbish or might have already been done, but, maybe it could be an inn on the edge of the river stix, a place where the dead wait for the boatman to come and collect them. Then each story could be the journey there. You could then incorparate you fantasy by mixing the mortal world with the immortal.

Offline matsamu

« Reply #162 on: August 17, 2006, 11:19:24 AM »
haha...creepy. Hotel of the unrested dead. Vengeful souls being waited on by incompetent bellboys....

Offline custard

« Reply #163 on: August 17, 2006, 06:01:43 PM »
maybe i'm wrong but this idea seems to have lost it's organisation. Maybe you could do a poll on different subjects, or maybe do it by PM, just to clarify subject and principles of the story. So far it seems the favourite ideas are, An Inn for the place the stories are told and that the stories should be based on greek myth. Do we need anymore than that? Maybe that is as many rules as is needed. If people research properly and make sure they stick to the fable they began with, this could be a really nice project.

Let me know what you think Matsamu, i'll give any help i can.

wizard7wolf

« Reply #164 on: August 31, 2006, 08:00:09 AM »
Ok ok ok I haven't read much of the bullsh*t but I'm in
Just kidding I think it's a great idea and wanna be a part of it
PM me and give me the low down