Author Topic: Chain Book!  (Read 34379 times)

Offline WCA

Re: Chain Book!
« Reply #120 on: July 21, 2006, 08:26:19 PM »
No... no... before that...
You said you were proposing a character in a less than obvious way...

Are you telling me that with all the mischief... you were sending a subliminal message?

OzMac

« Reply #121 on: July 21, 2006, 08:31:13 PM »
That's exactly right.  Consider my earlier posts of mischief to be none but an audition for our Loki-esque character.  After all, can Succubus' journey progress without aid?  Now, I'm not suggesting a sidekick here, but rather someone who perhaps 'knows' what direction she is heading in, but decides it is more fun to try and trip her up along the way.  It's kind of a secondary 'bad guy' if you will.  But rather than categorize him as such, (or her for that matter), perhaps his/her tripping of protagonist actually aids their progress rather than hinders it in a most subtle way.

Just a thought.  I'm sure someone could expand on it if they wanted to.

Offline traveller

« Reply #122 on: July 21, 2006, 08:31:35 PM »
Awwww! WCA! We're British, we have to take the mickey! (Though Alfie's better at it)
Seriously though, I'm looking forward to having some finalised ideas to really build on. I really like your idea of Succubus and her journey, plus the chastity issue - but to be honest with you I'm not sure it's something I could write. If we're doing a group novel, I think I'd definitely need to be writing another characters story as I'm not sure how well I'd write your ideas - part of the reason I like the intermingling stories at the inn concept.
I do have some ideas which could be relevant but it's down to getting up the courage to post them, which really means I should shut-up commenting on yours!

Offline WCA

« Reply #123 on: July 21, 2006, 08:35:18 PM »
Hmmmm.....
I don't think that was a subliminal message at all... I thnk it's a way to worm yourself out of trouble.
You've put together the pieces of the puzzle after I said the magic word: Loki... son of Fárbauti and Laufey   ;)

But anyway... I like the trickster character so welcome back... (I... guess...)

Offline WCA

« Reply #124 on: July 21, 2006, 08:37:47 PM »
Awwww! WCA! We're British, we have to take the mickey! (Though Alfie's better at it)
Seriously though, I'm looking forward to having some finalised ideas to really build on. I really like your idea of Succubus and her journey, plus the chastity issue - but to be honest with you I'm not sure it's something I could write. If we're doing a group novel, I think I'd definitely need to be writing another characters story as I'm not sure how well I'd write your ideas - part of the reason I like the intermingling stories at the inn concept.
I do have some ideas which could be relevant but it's down to getting up the courage to post them, which really means I should shut-up commenting on yours!

:)
I appreciate your liking my ideas milady...
And I'm glad that your head is finally in focus mode...
LOL!!! :D ;D

I'm looking forward to scrutinizing your ideas  :)

OzMac

« Reply #125 on: July 21, 2006, 08:38:13 PM »
Yeah in truth, these are good ideas of yours WCA and certainly you've got a brain in that head of yours.  But perhaps, for the purpose of this being a joint venture, maybe Succubus should not be the main focus.  Well, certainly she could be for your 'section' of the story when we each come to write it.  But rather, should we look at how the Succubus story could interact/co-exist with what other people are going to write?  That's assuming we do still continue with the idea that we each write a different character at the same location, (the inn).

Surely this has been done to some degree before, but I was just thinking of the idea that the people at the inn are each based on different mythologies from over the years.  So, Succubus is there for her reasons.  In the next room could perhaps be, or I don't know, Loki for example.  And on.  Would be interesting to see how these different characters from different eras of mythology perceive one another and/or interact with one another.

Just more thoughts  :P

Offline WCA

« Reply #126 on: July 21, 2006, 08:40:52 PM »
Th-thanks... Alfie.
(That was a bit hard but... I did it!!! :D)
Yay!!
Anyway..... hehe...

Yeah, we'll turn our attention to Loki.. but after we sum up a few things with the sweet Succubus.

Offline traveller

« Reply #127 on: July 21, 2006, 08:41:58 PM »
Would be interesting to see how these different characters from different eras of mythology perceive one another and/or interact with one another.

Agree with you on this Alfie, though perhaps not so much from different eras as areas? A lot of mythicological characters have doubles in different mythologies, it could be interesting to play mix and match.

OzMac

« Reply #128 on: July 21, 2006, 08:44:08 PM »
Yeah.  Just to reiterate though; I was proposing that said persons in our story be 'based' on mythological characters, as opposed to actually being them.  Though having said that, maybe the opoosite would be more ideal?  I don't know.  Maybe I feel a little restricted that way.

Offline traveller

« Reply #129 on: July 21, 2006, 08:51:58 PM »
Medusa gets into an argument over the bar with Baccus about the amount of blackcurrant in her snakebite? Using the actual mythologies could be more trouble than it's worth, the characteristics of these guys would be more fun to play with and (hopefully) more interesting to read than rewriting the characters themselves.

OzMac

« Reply #130 on: July 21, 2006, 08:57:00 PM »
Yes, quite agree with you on that.

And I can't quite describe the image I now have of Medusa sipping cider on a warm Summer evening  :D

Offline WCA

« Reply #131 on: July 21, 2006, 09:03:34 PM »
So now Dionysus is in the story(ies)... hmm.....
I wonder what we could make out of him...?

Offline traveller

« Reply #132 on: July 21, 2006, 09:07:24 PM »
I think he just got his role - can you imagine a better bartender? He could be a great comedy character too - lighten things up a little between stories

Offline WCA

« Reply #133 on: July 21, 2006, 09:10:08 PM »
Yeah... hehe..
And since Dionysus was also a god of peace, wisdom, creativity, and law...
Hmm...

He's gonna end up being one hell of an in-and-out martini...

Offline matsamu

• I'm not a Goof, i'm a spoof on Life
« Reply #134 on: July 22, 2006, 11:28:25 AM »
Ok...so we have dionysus as some kind of bartender, and a succubi somewhere. You guys do realize that a Succubus is a female demon who lures male virgins in to their....selves to ....do what men and women do. So are we gonna have some kind of demoness in our story as the protagonist? (nice story by the way wca....good imagery..)
*pop* That was my head. It just got blown.