Author Topic: Chain Book!  (Read 34407 times)

OzMac

Re: Chain Book!
« Reply #105 on: July 21, 2006, 07:26:54 PM »
Medusa was looking pretty hot last time I saw her.  I think she did something with her hair  :D

Offline traveller

« Reply #106 on: July 21, 2006, 07:45:57 PM »
Yeah, she fed it!

Offline WCA

« Reply #107 on: July 21, 2006, 07:52:37 PM »
okay...

Don't know what that was about... but okay!!!  ;D
I'll take it!!!

Medusa fed her hair!!!!!!!

YEAH!!!!!!!!!
SERIUOSLY!!!!!!!!!

Ahem!
So where were we..?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 07:54:17 PM by WCA »

Offline traveller

« Reply #108 on: July 21, 2006, 08:00:08 PM »
Wheels revolve around axles but it's the wheel that catches the eye not the axle - your posting read a little like that to me, that it'd all be based around her but (unless mainly told in flashback format) by being read by another is open to interpretation and experience by another.
As a reader I have problems with flashbacks - jumping back and forth in time breaks the story up for me and I can get bored of working out where I am and pick up a different book (or film) instead, diary formats can be predictable and uncomfortable too.
If your Succubus is going on a voyage of discovery perhaps have her find the old memoir and work on from there - if she's going to be a decendent of the hyperboreans this could work quite well, while someone finding her memoir centuries later isn't going to give a lot one way or the other.
Plus, are we centering this around Grecian mythology too much? I know we're only batting around ideas at the moment as we've no group consensus till after monday when Matsamu closes the admittance, but I thought we were playing God and creating our own world/s rather than adapting the existing one?
It's a concept that could carry well into a 'new world' though - along with a lot of the other mythology we've been chatting over

Offline traveller

« Reply #109 on: July 21, 2006, 08:01:37 PM »
Hey, everyone's gotta eat! Do you have issues with snakes too? Want to starve the poor little buggers or what?! :-X

OzMac

« Reply #110 on: July 21, 2006, 08:05:05 PM »
See now having dead snakes for hair would just be wrong  :P

Offline WCA

« Reply #111 on: July 21, 2006, 08:06:03 PM »
Hey, everyone's gotta eat! Do you have issues with snakes too? Want to starve the poor little buggers or what?! :-X
See now having dead snakes for hair would just be wrong :P

Wheels revolve around axles but it's the wheel that catches the eye not the axle - your posting read a little like that to me, that it'd all be based around her but (unless mainly told in flashback format) by being read by another is open to interpretation and experience by another.
As a reader I have problems with flashbacks - jumping back and forth in time breaks the story up for me and I can get bored of working out where I am and pick up a different book (or film) instead, diary formats can be predictable and uncomfortable too.
If your Succubus is going on a voyage of discovery perhaps have her find the old memoir and work on from there - if she's going to be a decendent of the hyperboreans this could work quite well, while someone finding her memoir centuries later isn't going to give a lot one way or the other.
Plus, are we centering this around Grecian mythology too much? I know we're only batting around ideas at the moment as we've no group consensus till after monday when Matsamu closes the admittance, but I thought we were playing God and creating our own world/s rather than adapting the existing one?
It's a concept that could carry well into a 'new world' though - along with a lot of the other mythology we've been chatting over

We are creating our own world Traveller!!!! But everything must have essence my dear!!!
Plus... I'm overflowing with ideas!!! Th-the-the pressure!! Okay???!!!  :'(

<sob>

I'm the <sniff> only one who's <sob> doing some serious thinking here!!
All the others are just posting random comments and criticizing...criticizing... and...Criticizing even more!!!!  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

<WEEP!!!!>
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 08:11:03 PM by WCA »

OzMac

« Reply #112 on: July 21, 2006, 08:11:45 PM »
Is this the queue for icecream?  ::)

Offline WCA

« Reply #113 on: July 21, 2006, 08:12:30 PM »
Stop it Loki....

Offline traveller

« Reply #114 on: July 21, 2006, 08:14:57 PM »
Sorry, WCA - the rest of us are too busy enjoying watching you go into meltdown  ;D

Dead hair = split ends.... that's a real issue if your name's Medusa, just has to keep her hair healthy else the vet's bills are horrendous

OzMac

« Reply #115 on: July 21, 2006, 08:15:50 PM »
Yes WC.  I am the son of Fárbauti and Laufey  :D

Offline WCA

« Reply #116 on: July 21, 2006, 08:17:22 PM »
Fine... be my guest(s)...
Amuse yourself(ves) in the ambience of my anguish...

I don't care...
Hmph...

OzMac

« Reply #117 on: July 21, 2006, 08:21:17 PM »
Come now WCA.  I was merely proposing a 'new character for the story in a less than obvious way.  You were close when you said Loki.  Indeed, what story can be complete without a trickster?  Someone to stir things up a little.  Someone to cast a spanner into the works now and then?

Okay, I wasn't, but a good recovery though don't you think?  Besides, maybe the story could benefit from a little humour, dark as it may be.

Offline WCA

« Reply #118 on: July 21, 2006, 08:23:05 PM »
You were proposing a character?
When? How?

OzMac

« Reply #119 on: July 21, 2006, 08:24:13 PM »
Just then...with words.