Author Topic: Chain Book!  (Read 33314 times)

Offline iCeFaiRy

• I just love words...
Re: Chain Book!
« Reply #165 on: September 03, 2006, 03:24:43 AM »
Sorry, looks like my previous post if off the topic.  :-[

Has it started yet?

How about making the inn the place of the meeting of the Myth characters? Like Promotheus etc. Then we all can choose one or two characters we're interested in, and write about them, with the end having them meet and trade stories in the inn. So the inn is like the wisdom they've achieved. (not so sure about how to write the idea, it sounds confusing  :-X)

But if we write from a usual angle it will be super-boring, so I guess this idea is so useful.  :)

~Tortoise~
The writer's job is not to judge, but to seek to understand. (Ernest Hemingway)

Wisdom has its root in goodness, not goodness its root in wisdom. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)

A loving heart is the truest wisdom. (Charles Dickens)

Offline L.Carmichael_67

« Reply #166 on: September 20, 2006, 10:11:46 AM »
hey what if we put everyone's cool ideas together, and make them charactors in their different times in the chapters, like each chapter could be about a charactor in their own setting.
Like the idea for the psychic teenager, she could either begin it or end it, like in each vision she has, each charactor comes forth, but also it tells some about her, in either some paralel universe or present time.
my idea would be what about a girl who could travel different realms when she spaces out or falls asleep.

anyway you don't have to like my ideas,
I just thought i'd put my two cents in.

Offline SilverDragon11

« Reply #167 on: September 20, 2006, 08:46:14 PM »
i like that idea...but are dragons fiction or science-fiction??? Well, either way they're one of them. I love silver dragons so that's why my user name is how it is. now a days thou people don't like them...well they never did acually. me and my friends at school play a weird game of some kind. where we are diffrent mythical creatures. i of course am silver dragon. they are all diffrent mythical creatures. I live in a volocano so i can keep the heat im my body below the sun's or suris's. well this doesn't make since so you just do what you have to do. see ya!

nassj

« Reply #168 on: October 10, 2006, 10:31:53 AM »
I read one like that, it was edited by Karen slaughter. It was about a charm bracelet, the different short stories , by different authors were all about the same bracelet. I thought it was good.

Offline CallyW

« Reply #169 on: October 13, 2006, 07:12:30 AM »
Is it too late to hop on board?

Offline matsamu

• I'm not a Goof, i'm a spoof on Life
« Reply #170 on: October 14, 2006, 03:07:48 PM »
It's never too late to join. I don't even know if we've started yet...

~matsamu
*pop* That was my head. It just got blown.

Offline CarrieSheppard

• All it took was a visit to AZ...
    • My blog pages
« Reply #171 on: October 14, 2006, 06:55:41 PM »
same people and places

OK if you write concurrently but not consecutively, you'll still have to have some pretty set characteristics and guidlines, if not restrictions.  For example, hero 1 can't get married in section one and again in section two, or hate bolgurian space prawns in section three, but enjoy eating them in section four etc etc.

Why not ask the write a book in a year folks (see welcome board) I think they did something similar?

Anyway, as the daughter of a once (long ago) published sci fi writer, I'm in if there's room!

Carrie

Offline matsamu

• I'm not a Goof, i'm a spoof on Life
« Reply #172 on: October 17, 2006, 07:43:03 PM »
There's always room for you Carrie!
*pop* That was my head. It just got blown.