Author Topic: Flash Fiction Challenge #23  (Read 2994 times)

Offline Don

• Murder & mayhem for fun and profit.
    • View Profile
Flash Fiction Challenge #23
« on: November 15, 2010, 02:08:54 PM »
Since most of you are aware I’m a one-trick pony, it should surprise no one that the theme of Challenge 23 will involve murder and mayhem…with a twist. This is a challenge, after all. My goal is a minimum of ten entries.

Rules

1. Write a short story between 200 and 300 words. I’m a writer and way too lazy to bother counting words. Make sure your story has a title.

2. The story must involve the use of a weapon. It can be a traditional weapon, like a gun or a knife or you can use something more subtle—a poisonous snake or a barbed comment. 

3. The story must contain murder and/or mayhem. The violence need not be physical; it could be psychological. Be creative.

4. You have approximately 21 days to complete the challenge. PM your entry to me by the closing date: midnight GMT, December 6, 2010.

We’re approaching the Holiday Season and you will undoubtedly be forced to mingle with acquaintances and relatives you’d rather not see. Plotting their demise…or worse…is a great way to channel those feelings in a creative way.
I have a motto: when in doubt, go for the cheap laugh.

Offline Don

• View Profile
Re: Flash Fiction Challenge #23
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 04:02:03 PM »

We have our first entry. This may be an MWC Flash Fiction record. Nick and Karl have our statisticians researching this now.  :)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 08:58:39 PM by don86usa »

Offline Don

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 08:35:35 PM »

We're on a roll here. C'mon, guys, you know you want to be a part of this.   ;D ;D

Offline Don

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 11:35:26 PM »

We're getting closer to our goal of 10 submissions. Help me out, here. You know you want to give the entries we already have some competition.

Offline Don

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 05:55:54 PM »

I'm so glad I'm not voting. These stories are seriously good. Remember: murder and mayhem is fun! Be imaginative and join the challenge party. :D

Offline Don

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 10:45:47 PM »

We're halfway to my minimum goal...if you haven't entered, jump into the fray. You know there's someone you desperately want to damage. Here's your oppotunity and you get to entertain the rest of us in the process.

Offline Don

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 09:05:59 PM »
We have passed the halfway mark to our goal. Hell, we might go past it. C'mon, folks. You know there is at least one relative or in-law you'd really prefer to do without.

For any of our US members who haven't started a story, think about Challenge 23 over Thanksgiving dinner. As you stare down that relative or in-law over the Merlot, they'll never what you're really thinking. Then, write it all down and send it to me on Friday.  :)

For the rest of you, well, you don't really need a Thanksgiving to get rid an in-law or family member.

Offline Don

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 01:05:09 PM »

We're inching closer to our goal, folks. Keep those stories coming. You know there's at least one relative, in-law, dirtbag out there that the world would be better off without. Imagine his or her untimely, but well-deserved demise and tell us all about it.

You'll rarely find a writing exercise this cathartic.  ;D ;D

Offline Don

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2010, 02:16:43 PM »

We're getting closer to our goal of ten entries. Now that November has finished, all you Nano participants who haven't already given me an entry should do so. I was really nice about not bugging you while you were busy.

Maybe you have a character or two that didn't play nicely with others and made November harder than it should have been. I'm offering the opportunity for revenge here. You know you want to ruin someone's day.  ;D

Offline Don

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2010, 07:04:27 PM »

I now have no doubt we are going to exceed our goal in terms of the number of entries. You really want to be part of this. Share the joy of wreaking havoc with your fellow writers. Dazzle them with your cullinary skill as your archnemeses get their just deserts.

Someone, somewhere, deserves your brand of justice.  :D