Author Topic: End Of The Road  (Read 7681 times)

Offline irallan

• "G'day from WA"
Re: End Of The Road
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2010, 03:50:18 AM »
Sorry Farmboy my Aussie dry humor was at Daryl not you. You explained why you were lax in replying. It is just disheartening to hear that comment.
"You can take the boy out of the country...."

Offline Scripter

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2010, 04:17:00 AM »
Oh, good to hear that Iain. Be seeing me on this board more often now.

Offline irallan

• "G'day from WA"
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2010, 09:10:12 PM »
Hey Farmboy , sorry I have not reviewed your piece yet. I am unfamiliar with script writing as a whole let alone screen writing. This is my first foray into plays and such. I like your style and for a second language your work is of a great standard. I liked the interaction and how you detailed it. I do apologise for being discouraged earlier. I do understand Daryl's position and sympathize with him. IT is frustrating when someone posts and then does not come back. However the exercise of reviewing is valuable in itself. Not just for the reviewer or the reviewed but also the many who read and learn quietly from the interaction. Daryl even though others don't respond, some of us are still getting valuable insights from them. Also some young talent may go unheeded through it missing out on much needed advice.
Keep going with your ideas and please submit . The script area does need to be continued and persevered with I think.
"You can take the boy out of the country...."

Offline Kiryana

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2010, 12:13:02 AM »
Real life happens, we understand that. Just understand things run a little slower in this part of the forums because are group of script writers is quite small compared to the others. Some of us are new to writing and some may be a little more aged in their experience. If you come in here genuinely looking for help then you will find it. But, as the rules state/suggest review to be reviewed. We all started in the same place....a mountain of ideas and some scrap paper.

Hope to see you around more,
Kir
"Whether we bring our enemies to justice, or justice to our enemies, justice will be done."

Offline Scripter

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2010, 08:07:23 AM »
I stand corrected, Iain. Despite what I wrote earlier, I think I'll be around to do some reviews whenever I get the time and much later once I have finished drafting my first spec, I'll post maybe the first ten pages for review. It all depends on the impression the finished script has on me. If it's very good, I'll go for a private critique but is it OK to pose a question about development on this board? I feel I could do with some advice when the time comes.

twisted wheel

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2010, 08:15:55 AM »
Hey Farmboy , sorry I have not reviewed your piece yet. I am unfamiliar with script writing as a whole let alone screen writing. This is my first foray into plays and such. I like your style and for a second language your work is of a great standard. I liked the interaction and how you detailed it. I do apologise for being discouraged earlier. I do understand Daryl's position and sympathize with him. IT is frustrating when someone posts and then does not come back. However the exercise of reviewing is valuable in itself. Not just for the reviewer or the reviewed but also the many who read and learn quietly from the interaction. Daryl even though others don't respond, some of us are still getting valuable insights from them. Also some young talent may go unheeded through it missing out on much needed advice.
Keep going with your ideas and please submit . The script area does need to be continued and persevered with I think.

i like you're straight talking ian. when i have a script to put up be sure that i'll review others first. and no offence taken  8)

Offline 510bhan

• So many jobs to do . . .
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2010, 07:32:22 PM »
Some of us aren't script writers but do pop in to see what is about and to read the crits as well as the posts - there's always something to be learned..so please folks, keep it going strong.

Offline Scripter

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2010, 01:06:59 PM »
 It's the right way to head 510bhan. Oh fine, it might look like I go on and on about this and do nothing but I sure will play a part in helping review and stuff like that. I had to burn my bridges behind me, because I seek to banish duality from me. I read it somewhere that you can make it if you help others get what you want to get. I won't hold back from doing that and hope that everyone else can assist because the little you do can motivate a writer to write on and get better since the only way to be a good writer is to write more often

Offline 510bhan

• So many jobs to do . . .
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2010, 01:10:28 PM »
So...let's see you about the boards and posting up more stuff of your own too.
Glad you've put the 'stuff' behind you, only way is forward if you want to progress.

Offline Scripter

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2010, 01:23:48 PM »
I sure will. I'll do some reviews first then I'll post my work and this time it will be a lot different and once you see let it be known the reviews help or at least, they helped me.