Author Topic: Hello  (Read 4204 times)

Offline M.Belle

Hello
« on: December 19, 2010, 12:55:18 PM »
Hi I'm excited to join MWC. I look forward to the incite it can offer me, all I can learn and share as well. I am currently in the process of self publishing a book of poetry and illustrations with xlibris publishing. However I've become a little skeptical about xlibris being the best, or even really a good option. I'd greatly appreciate some advice. What would be the best self publishing company to go with?  :-\

Offline Russell

• Kindle Publishing Secrets
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 12:04:02 PM »
Welcome to the forum!

I know you'll love it here. It's full of great people and inspiration.

I look forward to reading your posts on the threads,

Russell.
Writer & Indie Author

Join My Kindle Publishing Secrets Newsletter & Start Your Journey To Indie Publishing Success!

http://QuickAndEasyEbooks.com

Offline kran4141 jambodada

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 12:26:39 AM »
Thanks for this information. It really helped me a lot.

Offline KayG

• Kay's Store
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 01:20:15 PM »
Hello ~

I too have self published - with Lulu.com.  they are pretty good - unless you have a question that is not covered in depth on the forums - took over three months to reply to mine and the answer did not help.  other than that I have not had any major problems...

I looked at so many companies before deciding - I think they are all close to the same.  I liked Lulu because I could do it all-a-cart.  You can of course pay a fee and have them edit, do the cover...etc, or pay for only the items you want - I use that option and love it.  They are pretty affordable.

I am not certain about your current publisher - but most you need to do PR and publicity yourself.  Lulu offers you some help (for a fee) and tools to use. 

As I said - they are all close to the same - my opinion - find one you like and can work with, that is easy to use and pays.  I know some people rave about some self-publishers but then in another review the person is less than happy.  I am happy with Lulu overall.

not sure I helped...  Good luck

Kay

The Sword of Ages: Book One of Tallah Trilogy available at stores.lulu.com/kayscreations, join me on facebook and myspace too.

Offline softnwords

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 10:09:32 AM »
Does lulu offer free service !

Offline KayG

• Kay's Store
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 01:24:53 PM »
Hi - on your lulu questionn - mostly free.  you can publish for the price of a "copy" book for you to edit over when you are done. You pay the "cost" price for this book only and of course s/h. If you do your own cover, editing (get a friend to help, or two)  they offer free "gidgets" for websites and a free storefront you can place your book on with a web address people can click onto, forums, intrest groups to join if you want, you can do ebooks as well... you set your own price above their cost and that is your royality money, you can purchase pr packages as well...

once you download your book you need to check the email they send with it  - I have to play with settings a bit to get it to look right - I do not know if other companies work this way or not

one drawback is you do not get any free books with this option - you might if you purchase one of their packages??  I am not certain.

my storefront is   stores.lulu.com/kayscreations   if you want to look at it to get an idea.  They have a few different backgrounds and layout options you can play with - I kept mine unisex - most men feel stupid clicking onto girlie pink pages and my book is a sci-fi. 

Hope this helps some

Kay
The Sword of Ages: Book One of Tallah Trilogy available at stores.lulu.com/kayscreations, join me on facebook and myspace too.

Offline softnwords

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 03:46:58 AM »
Great info.@Kay you put it everything in detail.I saw your book The Sword of Ages and the your store at Lulu.Good work.Thanks

Offline KayG

• Kay's Store
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 07:23:17 PM »
Thanks - hope I helped some ...  ;D

Offline softnwords

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2010, 10:24:59 PM »
Thanks Kay.I have writing listed at softnwords com.I want to write more on pets.

Offline thomasolsen88

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2011, 03:34:17 PM »
good luck!!