Author Topic: This Child Will  (Read 2000 times)

jwatson300011

This Child Will
« on: October 30, 2010, 11:51:33 PM »
I have a POD published by Authorhouse. After talking to a perspective mentor, she told me, "Everyone knows Authorhouse is the worst." I didn't know that. In fact, working on the first edition of the book, I had a relitively good experience. It was during it's revision when everything was happening. It was like I was dealing with high school drop outs.

Offline Ronnie Coleinger

• Smithtown USA
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to the website for the author Ronnie Coleinger
Re: This Child Will
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 10:19:40 AM »
Fortunately, I discovered through the writing forums about Authorhouse early on, and stayed away from them. There are a number of people complaining about poor cover quality, spelling, syntax, and grammar errors.

Hope you can resolve the issues and get your book published so it meets your standards of quality.

Ronnie Coleinger

Offline Dasherwood

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 12:30:08 AM »
   I tried Lulu and they seemed pretty good. I do not believe you have to pay them money for a publishing package. I did and it went well until, at the last minute, i wanted the book as a paperback. That screwed up everything. The project was finished and although the cover was 6x9 the paperback was 4x6. They did a cookie cutter cut out of the cover and gave me a very bad product.
   I complained to them and the advice i got was to delete the project and start over. I did. used the same files and got the same thing as if i had purchased a publishing package.
   I'd say it worked out ok.

Offline lesleyslfree

• My sloanwriter Piccy!
    • View Profile
    • Sloanwriter
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 02:55:12 PM »
Thanks for the tip, I had not heard that about Authorhouse, will remember that one and avoid them.

Lesley/Sloanwriter