Author Topic: In What Direction To Forge Ahead?  (Read 1057 times)

lookoutman7

In What Direction To Forge Ahead?
« on: October 16, 2010, 09:48:37 AM »
Hello,

First post after start-up...

Looking for ideas in getting a book project to market.

Have researched this subject on-and-off for over 30 years now, the topic -- 'numbering' the human race. The project is highly controversial, and was done in a fiction/non-fiction tone. The manuscript is approximately 254,000 words in length, and centers around five main characters. I've also done the artwork for the cover -- the book entitled, 'Clutches of the Potsherd Scarecrow.'

Now, even though I'm not a gifted writer, I have been a very good researcher/investigator (long story on my findings.) And at this present time, I am looking for ideas and opinions on how to delivery this to the market -- what will 'ultimately' occur -- the story line in the future. -Should a person leave this as one whole manuscript? Or should I break it up into two or three novels? Then there is the struggle between mainstream publishing and self-publishing?

Ideas on these things -- anyone? (And thank you kindly for your time by the way.)

lookoutman.

Offline A.J.B

• Enjoying bouts of moderate insanity
Re: In What Direction To Forge Ahead?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 12:51:16 PM »
254k might be a bit large for some publishers/agents to consider. But the only thing to do is look at their websites and see what they accept. I would suggest buying a book like 'The Writer's and Artist's handbook' which, in the UK, gives addresses and websites of agents and publishers. Also, sites such as duotropes digest have a handy form that you fill in with your genre, word count etc.. and it gives you all markets that would be willing to look at your piece.

There honestly isn't much more help I can think of giving at the moment. Both of the above are brilliant tools. Duotropes is fast and easy to use, I would suggets starting there.
My debut novel 'Life Eternal' is now available to buy on Amazon in both paperback and kindle.

Please search 'Aaron J Booth' on Amazon to find the product.

lookoutman7

Re: In What Direction To Forge Ahead?
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 09:36:12 AM »
A.J.B. -Thank you for your input -- every direction helps in the struggle. All the best to you and the writers.