Author Topic: Labor Day Weekend Challenge  (Read 961 times)

Offline storyteller16

• Christian, actress, director, writer, nerd.
    • My Website
Labor Day Weekend Challenge
« on: September 02, 2010, 05:43:00 PM »
I was visiting the NaNoWriMo website (if you've never heard of NaNoWriMo, or you've never visited the site, I recommend that you do so now: www.nanowrimo.org. I recommend NaNoWriMo to everyone, writers and "non-writers" alike) and on the forums someone had proposed a challenge:

1. Set yourself a word count goal (Hint: take the amount of words you think you can write in four days and add 2,000 to it).
2. You can begin writing Friday at 12:00 AM.
3. Reach the goal by 11:59 PM on Monday.

For those of you who have done NaNo before, this is kind of like a mini-NaNo where you can use a project you've already started.

The prize is the satisfaction of having significantly decreased the amount of work left to do on your project.

I thought it would be good to post this challenge here for anyone who may be interested. If you choose to accept this challenge, post your goal here (or on the NaNo site if you have an account/want to create an account there). You can also post what you'll be working on if you want. Then, on Monday night, or whenever you finish, post your final word count.

My goal is to add at least 8,000 words to my vampire novel, Make Me Like You. Should be fun! :D
Christian, actress, director, writer, nerd. Author of two self-published short story ebooks, check them out @ http://www.katie-young.com/ebooks.htm

WIP: Flash, the story of a woman able to see the future and desperate to prove her vision wrong.