Author Topic: Nano 2010  (Read 137389 times)

Offline eric

Re: Nano 2010
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2010, 10:51:12 AM »
you betcha mate looks like fun!

Offline R. L. Copple

• R. L. Copple's Author Web Site
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2010, 02:12:39 AM »
Well, I'll be there. This year will be my fifth Nano. I actually had a non-fiction book I thought about writing this year, but after last year's cool book that came out of Nano, I feel like I need to get its sequel written that's bouncing around in my head.

Last year, I did the best I'd done to date. Around 110K words if I recall correctly. It was over 100K. All that while working a full time job, though I do take one week of vacation during the end of Nov. to help get there.

But so far, I've written six novels. (I finished two last year, half of one I started in a previous NaNo, and most of one I started the Nano the year before). All but one has come from a Nano. The first I wrote in a month, 94K words, in 2005 before I knew what Nano was. This October will mark the fifth anniversary of writing that novel that got me started on this fiction thing. A lot has happened in five years. Aye.

Looking forward to more fun this November.

Offline Alice, a Country Gal

• http://www.writestreet.com/writestree
  • Hello from Texas
    • Alice's Hide Away
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2010, 02:23:28 PM »
If I could come up with a good plot and at least one character I liked, I would give it a go also.

Unfortunately I'm still working on, trying to untangle the story I started two years ago for NaNo. 

Will give it more thought and see what I can do.  :)
MWC Charity Publications.
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight>
The universe is made of stories, not of atoms. -Muriel Rukeyser, poet and activist (15 Dec 1913-1980)

R. L. Copple's: http://www.rlcopple.com/

I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.
-Mohandas K. Gandhi

Offline Jakey

• Sometimes words fail me. Sometimes I fail words.
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2010, 02:48:10 PM »
Hi
It's me again! I haven't been around for a while. I've got two books running in parallel it's just eaten all my time, and then there's work, the wife, the lads...

I did NANO with you last year and thoroughly loved it. My MS is still sitting in the drawer as it's the second part of a trilogy. I'm still editing the first part plus another book that's just gone through a serious edit.

I have a story in mind, but I'm not going to be ready with the planning in time. What I want to write is complicated (well, I think is complicated) and want to be sure first before I start writing.

I will be watching and supporting you all though. Good luck and go for it, it's an experience you can never regret, except perhaps, eating too many M&M's! Hmm, thankfully I don't have any at home :-(

Go for it and enjoy the experience. I'm hoping to be there for 2011.

Any one out there living in Bremen? Join our Nano group? Let me know if you want more details.

Jakey
one two three...testing testing...one two three...

Offline kk

• Sweetwater Lane
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2010, 05:51:24 AM »
Only 27 days to go!
“We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day.”

~ Edith Lovejoy Pierce

cmb

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2010, 05:58:54 AM »
I'll be cheering you lot on this year, and maybe next year I'll join in this craziness myself again.  :)

Offline Vienna

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2010, 06:50:49 AM »
First time for me this year! "Like a virgin" ;D
Just a well-read punk peasant

Going to church makes you a christian as much as standing in a garage makes you a car!

Offline thatollie

« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2010, 07:16:02 AM »
50,000 words a month

12,500 words a week

2,500 words a day (taking weekends off)

333 words an hour (8 hours a day)

5 1/2 words a minute

a word every 11 seconds

OR

50,000 words a month

1650 words a day (30 days in a month)

207 words an hour (8 hours a day)

33 words a minute

2 words per second

Arghh!  And that's working weekends!  Where did I screw up?
You divided the words an hour by six istead of sixty.
Never make a decision standing up.

Offline Jakey

• Sometimes words fail me. Sometimes I fail words.
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2010, 10:51:38 AM »
Go for it, Vienna

Afterwards, you'll not have regretted it!

Sadly, I can't do it this year, but I will be following so send me your whatsmacallit when you've registered so I can log you on as a buddy.
I find watching the numbers rise inspirational, I'm hoping it's going to motivate me with another project I'm working on.

Jakey
one two three...testing testing...one two three...

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2010, 07:35:31 PM »
I shall probably just be in the cheering section this year.  And no, that doesn't mean I'll be wearing a short skirt and waving a pair of bloody PomPoms around ;-)

If the thought of that isn't enough to put you off then go for it.

Gyppo
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline eric

« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2010, 07:40:34 PM »
I will take part briefly, but not to finish as other projects have come up which take precedence.  I doubt I will even submit a word count at this point.

Offline docmon

• No Nano for me this year
    • Monica T. Rodriguez: A Writer's Source
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2010, 02:52:12 PM »
hi there!

I will be joining Nano for the second year! I finished last year, but I was unemployed then. I'm working this year (temporary work, but who's complaining?) so it's going to be a greater challenge. Organization is going to be key. But I'm up to the challenge!

Only thing is, I've just changed what story I'm going to write, so I've got to prep and outline a whole new story in 2 weeks!  :o I'd rather have a month. So, it's back to work for me! ;D

monica
Monica T. Rodriguez: A Writer's Source: http://monicatrodriguez.com
“There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed.” — Ernest Hemingway

Offline celtic_dancer

« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2010, 03:43:43 PM »
Can't wait!! Probably isn't the greatest idea for me to be participating again this year as I'm currently at university and v busy, but I managed last year, so I'll give it a shot!

Good luck all (:

Offline docmon

• No Nano for me this year
    • Monica T. Rodriguez: A Writer's Source
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2010, 03:58:05 PM »
if any of you want to 'buddy' me, I'm at Nano under monica67.
Monica T. Rodriguez: A Writer's Source: http://monicatrodriguez.com
“There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed.” — Ernest Hemingway

Offline celtic_dancer

« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2010, 04:03:02 PM »
I've added you, monica  ;D

If anyone wants to check up on me (and/or pester when i fall behind..) my username is charlie17