Author Topic: Salutations and smiles from a smart aleck writer in Las Vegas!  (Read 1649 times)

Offline ReginaSunderland

• Write from the hip and with laughter in your heart
    • Regina Sunderland - freelance writer
My name as you have probably have guessed by now is Regina, or simply Gina to my friends. I am originally from Germany and have lived in the USA since 1988 now.

Writing has always been my passion and something I have tried to turn into a full time freelance career over the last 3 years now. Of course that is easier said then done and takes a lot of effort.

My success so far has been minimal. Like most others I have been sucked in, sucked dry, and been suckered by many different “freelance writer job companies” who ended up turning into a real great source of income. For the website owner that is, not so much for me! I would say that is a beginner’s mistake most of us make.

My biggest problem still is getting past my accent as I call it. Of course in many ways it works really well because it has a lot of my readers rolling in laughter from time to time. I am an enquired taste, but I would rather become a successful writer who can at least live comfortably of her talent.

Now don’t misunderstand me, I am not expecting this to be easy money. I am not expecting to have large amounts of money for nothing, I know being a freelance writer means a lot of work. I have no problem with that at all. After all I am trying to make my living of my passion, what a lovely thought.

I love the advice given to every writer sooner or later. “Writers write and use spellchecker!”

Well spellchecker sadly does have a sense of humor as well and doesn’t always recognize that you really didn’t mean to “tie the victim up with a robe”, but would rather use a sturdy rope instead.

Plus all the writing in the world isn’t going to pay my bills unless I can actually manage to sell my work as well. I don’t know why my Landlord is such a stickler to be paid with money instead of laughs!

So my hope in joining this wonderful forum is to make some new friends, find some advice, learn and in due time maybe even find some good markets for my brand of writing.

For now I leave you with a smile and the wish for a wonderful day for everyone!  ::)

Regina
I may not always know where to put the comma, but I sure know how to make you laugh!

Offline Alice, a Country Gal

• http://www.writestreet.com/writestree
  • Hello from Texas
    • Alice's Hide Away
Re: Salutations and smiles from a smart aleck writer in Las Vegas!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 02:31:39 PM »
Welcome to MyWritersCircle Regina.  You definitely can write, your introduction proves that.  I look forward to getting to know you better.

We have a few guidelines that we would appreciate if you take a moment to check out. Just click the link below.

http://www.mywriterscircle.com/index.php?topic=7415.0

You'll find some Blue stick-pin (Stickies) at the top of boards to help you learn the ropes and made your time here more productive and enjoyable.

If you review other people's work before posting some of your own for critiques or reviews, you'll find other more likely to read and reciprocate with suggestions, critiques and/or reviews.

The moderators are easy to spot due to all the blue stars floating above our heads. If you have a problem, we are happy to help in any way we can.

Smiles,
Alice - Deep in the Heart of Texas
MWC Charity Publications.
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight>
The universe is made of stories, not of atoms. -Muriel Rukeyser, poet and activist (15 Dec 1913-1980)

R. L. Copple's: http://www.rlcopple.com/

I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.
-Mohandas K. Gandhi

Offline thatollie

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 06:18:01 PM »
I like this one. Alice, can we keep her? Pleeeeeeease.
Never make a decision standing up.

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 06:32:41 PM »
Well, so far I've never met a Gina I didn't like, so you automatically get the benefit of the doubt.  (You're the third.)  Welcome to our little circle of insanity.

Gyppo
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline czechwizard

• Serious Entertainment
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 07:14:43 PM »
Tell me about it. Though I'm Czech imparadised in the tropics of Nicaragua. No, really, I'm just the dubbed Czech Hollywood Warrior Priest from Serious Entertainment spreading my Sixth Gospel word in 36 volumes. Hot German blood could cool me off or turn on ? ! You have a lovely attitude, young lady, to kick some serious ass hard, reminds me when I was a bold youth to conquer Hollywood as a screenwriter from the best communist country, personally sponsored by Merrill Lynch, yet settled for much less. I wish I could sell two of my three houses. I might still take your smiles for rent, depending on what goes with that package, I mean, your art.   
Pure Design, Chance, or Mistake - my own successful philosophy, ever so polished with each sale of the 36 volume Sixth Gospel.

Offline Alice, a Country Gal

• http://www.writestreet.com/writestree
  • Hello from Texas
    • Alice's Hide Away
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 08:08:32 PM »
I like this one. Alice, can we keep her? Pleeeeeeease.

I'm all for that Ollie.   ;D

MWC Charity Publications.
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight>
The universe is made of stories, not of atoms. -Muriel Rukeyser, poet and activist (15 Dec 1913-1980)

R. L. Copple's: http://www.rlcopple.com/

I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.
-Mohandas K. Gandhi

Offline ReginaSunderland

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 11:59:10 AM »
Chuckles delightedly at the warm welcome! Well I tell you what, I am a stubborn little pest who is hard to be gotten rid off.

As long as you can handle my little midnight rants when insomnia strikes me hard and I can't get the darn Imp under my bed to hush herself we get along just fine.

Which reminds me.

Coffee anyone, I just did another all night stint at webdesigning and writing. HELP!

Well it's sunday let's kick up some dust and make the world smile or cower in fear, depending on what genre you write in.

Hugs and Kisses!
I may not always know where to put the comma, but I sure know how to make you laugh!

Offline thatollie

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2010, 02:50:45 PM »
little midnight rants? So, you don't do big midnight rants? I hope you can keep up.

Well it's sunday let's kick up some dust and make the world smile or cower in fear, depending on what genre you write in.
I can do both at the same time.

Offline ReginaSunderland

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2010, 02:59:50 PM »
Oh no worries Ollie bunny, I can rant with the best of them. Can go on for HOURS I tell you, but I will spare you all the sordid details for now. I got my sprinting shoes on, so go ahead start leaping I keep up!  ;D

At this moment so I am steam rolling my poor little brain cells after 36 hours straight of redesigning my website. Who came up with the brilliant Idea for me to build my own blessed websites again? Oh yeah that was me! Really sometimes I should have a conversations with the little devils that live in my head. They give me too many silly ideas.

With that said; I need coffee!!!!

little midnight rants? So, you don't do big midnight rants? I hope you can keep up.
I can do both at the same time.

Offline thatollie

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2010, 03:21:14 PM »
Head over to the bar, Bones (the barskeleton) can make any kind of coffee you want. There's also loads of good folks there... and me.