Author Topic: Who is a smoker?  (Read 12141 times)

Offline Elodie-Caroline

• Jean Reno by Elodie
Re: Who is a smoker?
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2006, 04:22:44 AM »
I'll hold my hand up; I'm one of those disgusting smokers too!  :o
I never even started smoking until I was 28 years old either; I wish I had never started, but there you go. I started when I had just finished with my violent ex boyfriend, with whom I had spent eight and a half years with, everyone smoked in the rooms where I moved to, so it just became a habit with me too, unfortunately.
I've only ever smoked roll-ups though, and I really cannot abide the smell of tailor-mades, if they only sold tailor-mades, then I'd certainly give up. I have given up countless times, went for 10 months without a ciggie at one time, but it's so easy to fall back in to.
For me personally; I never actually feel that I crave a ciggie, it's more something to do with my hands when I feel bored ... Well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! hehehe  :D

Ellie

Nelodra

« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2006, 05:33:05 AM »
Don't smoke and never will. There are enough expenses in life without adding one that will kill you. If ever I'm tempted I'll try and kiss a smoker - that will convince me not to. Oliver

You know the saying: "Kissing smoker is like licking an ash tray"
That should be enough to convince you not to ever want to kiss a smoker  :P

Offline Tamara

« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2006, 05:34:50 AM »
I smoked briefly while I was in college.  I can remember driving to my parents house and got stuck at the same traffic light that I always get stuck at.  I looked over at the car next to me, I don't know why, it's just what you do at traffic lights I guess, and this elderly lady was behind the wheel.  Now, I was only 20 at the time, she looked old (probably to a 20 year old, she was in her 60's) and she was smoking.  But the thing that did me in, her mouth was all wrinkly, her hands were wrinkly and they were shaking.  I thought "yuck, I don't want to look like that when I get older" so I threw them away and never smoked again.  I quit for vanity reasons and I cannot remember too much about cigarettes being harmful back in the mid-80's and if they did, I didn't pay any attention to them.  I quit, for whatever the reasons, and now I find smoking a turnoff.

Later,
Tamara
I tap my fingers on the table to the rhythm in my soul
-Keith Urban

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend,
Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read.   
-Grocho Marx