Author Topic: You're the killer...  (Read 4331 times)

cmb

You're the killer...
« on: July 25, 2010, 10:54:35 AM »
What's your weapon of choice? And why?

I'll start:

My weapon of choice would be a knife. Or, more accurately, a dagger. I mean, if you are going to kill somebody, you'd better do it with passion. What could be more passionate than plunging a nice, beautifully crafted dagger into your victim's vital organs?  ;D

thatollie

Re: You're the killer...
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 01:54:05 PM »
I hypnotised a tap dancing gorilla to hug you to death. It's also a singing telegram, so listen out for the doorbell.

Offline Frogg

• Let there be tea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 02:49:42 PM »
Poison. Simply so I could sit chatting amiably with them over a drink, then, when they're dead, calmly finish my drink and walk away.
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters... it's amazing I'm here at all. - Bernard Black

Offline rikki

• What is 'is'...who cares?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 04:40:27 PM »
Pitbulls, two of'em. That way I could watch'em play the most twisted version of tug-of-war with the poor bastard's body parts and enjoy the crunching sound of his / her bones being gnawed upon for a few hours.
Where the slime is thickest, under that rock, that's where they found me.

Offline cswillson

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 09:26:24 PM »
.50 cal at a thousand yards was always my choice. Gives you a bit of a head start.
C.S.

FWIW, YMMV, EIEIO

Offline Mark H

• Middleclass Machismo now available.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 03:49:10 PM »
A really nasty paper cut.
Buy Bristle Side Down, The Man Who Wore Brown Shoes and Middleclass Machismo here:
http://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?contributorId=570142

If poetry is not your thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PueM04F0Qz8 or: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0Zm8cj9MGg

cmb

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 03:51:40 PM »
A really nasty paper cut.

Owwww! That has to be a very nasty one indeed.  ;D

Offline eashort

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 01:24:32 PM »
My weapon of choice would be a specially trained whale. He would wait patiently for my victim just below the surface of the water, and when the unlucky victim got close enough, the whale would strike him with a harpoon.

I really can't say that I have a specific reason for why I would choose a specially trained whale as my weapon of choice, but since the whale will be using a harpoon, we can go ahead and just say that it is because irony is fun!

cmb

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 01:29:51 PM »
nice one, eashort.

Today, my weapon of choice would be a whole arsenal of drugs - both prescription and over the counter stuff. I'd shove them all down my victim's throat, simply because it seems the most appropriate way to get rid of this spammer.  ;D

Offline Billy_Bongo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2011, 12:04:39 PM »
Capture and imprison them in my basement, chaining them to the wall. Then with a Stanley blade I start the Chinese slow slice torture, breathing in their every emotion as I slowly cut them one gentle slice at a time. Starting with shallow flesh, gradually working my way up to the jugular. Reveling in the stench of fear and the sweet song of pain until after many hours my victim dawdles into death.

Did I mention I am a sociopath? Thatís why I would choose the Stanley blade, so very personal. Customer friendly, thatís me.

Offline Gyppo

• I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2011, 12:41:48 PM »
I think you have to take the victim and the reason into account.  For some people close up and personal with dagger would be appropriate, whereas others may be so vile that a quick 'clean death' would be wrong.  Why sully a good blade with the blood of the kind of person who should be left to drown - eventually -  in a steep sided pool of their own excrement?

Having said this my philosophy is that if they 'need killing' then they need killing.  The method isn't as important as the result.  I'm sure that one accurate knife thrust would do less damage to my own psyche than torturing someone to death, even if they deserved every last shuddering second.

I've realised my characters generally embrace this same philosophy.  If the bad guy falls into a pool of piranhas  or whatever they wouldn't try and pull him out so he could face come mythical 'legal justice'.  But neither would they lower him in slowly, feet first, a few inches at a time.

Gyppo
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Silt

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2011, 12:58:01 PM »
 Hooks, wires, and weights. Give me that in an empty warehouse and I'll satisfy any revenge needing relief.

Offline Spell Chick

• Choose well
    • View Profile
    • Little Bits of History
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2011, 04:25:45 PM »
Because I'm such an angel or even a bit of an angle, I would try the whole

kill em with kindness routine

and if that didn't work

lead poisoning with a .44 hollow point slug delivering the lead.
Little Bits of History A short essay on something that happened on any day.

Imperfect Reason My thoughts, such as they are.

Offline Boshman

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2011, 04:50:49 PM »
Get married!   ;D ;D ;D

Offline Spell Chick

• Choose well
    • View Profile
    • Little Bits of History
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2011, 04:52:22 PM »
Get married!   ;D ;D ;D

I'd have to kill off my current husband before I could do that again.

HMMMMM
Little Bits of History A short essay on something that happened on any day.

Imperfect Reason My thoughts, such as they are.