Author Topic: Ronoald - the tale of a hero who needed rescuing.  (Read 3066 times)

Offline jbeaumont_us

Ronoald - the tale of a hero who needed rescuing.
« on: July 11, 2010, 02:53:33 PM »
I've attached a screenplay (90 pages long) about a hero who has conquered hordes of monsters, fought pirates, rescued damsels in distress and all th other usual heroic feats.  He has only one weakness.  He adores children and whenever any are in trouble he becomes so obsessed with helping them, he loses control of his emotions and any lick of common sense.  In this tale he uses poor judgement when he meets the villian and ends up getting rescued by the very person who hired him in the first place.  I'm open to any comments critsisms, or complaints.  Be brutal.

It is in Adobe Acrobat format.  I tried to convert it to text, but it didn't work.
Revenge is a dish best served cold and there is no place colder than the dark abyss of deep space.  http://www.smugglersrevenge.spruz.com

Offline DavidMcK

Re: Ronoald - the tale of a hero who needed rescuing.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 05:15:36 PM »
Hi jbeaumont_us

I suggest you post the first 10 pages of your script. Nobody will open your attachment for fear of viruses. It has also been my experience that people tend not to reply to long posts, people wont have the time to read your 90min script.

I look forward to reading your work.

David

Offline Kiryana

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 06:50:00 AM »
I would go as far as posting even less than 10 pages. Hit us with a quick overview of your story/script and give us a nice little exert from there. I agree with David, I myself won't open any attachments that I cannot verify are legitimate.
"Whether we bring our enemies to justice, or justice to our enemies, justice will be done."

Offline jbeaumont_us

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 09:15:02 PM »
Ok, here's an excerpt. It's 11 pages long and in .txt format.  Hope this is better.
Revenge is a dish best served cold and there is no place colder than the dark abyss of deep space.  http://www.smugglersrevenge.spruz.com

Offline Kowboy

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 11:10:35 PM »
jbeaumont:

Your link is squished against the left side.

Kowboy

Offline jbeaumont_us

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 11:29:00 PM »
I know.  My word processing program doesn't like to cooperate sometimes.  Sorry.  :(

Offline DavidMcK

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 05:24:07 AM »
Hi jbeaumont_us

Itís still an attachment, just in another format. Most people will not open it. You should be able to copy and paste your work directly onto the forum. Unfortunately it justifies it to the left but if you take a few minutes you should get it looking like your original format.

Good luck,  :)

David

Offline AndyPNE

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2010, 03:07:38 PM »
Two bits of advice for ya mate.

1 - Speak to one of the site leaders about the whole posting problems. No doubt they have loads of experience helping people with similat problems.

2 - Its probably not a good idea to post your whole script. At the end of the day you don't know anybody on here. If they liked your work then all they need to do is copy and paste then they can pass it off as their own work. Plus people don't have time to read posts that long. I have written an eighty page script but i'm only gonna post parts that i am still not happy with. Then people can point out how to improve it. Then when i get it on in the west end (ha ha yeah right) people can come and see ther improvements live on stage

Offline Kiryana

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2010, 08:39:24 AM »
I agree with the above poster. Even if it is short, I will most likely open it as an attachment. Just copy and paste any trouble areas you are having with a brief overview of your story and the direction it is headed. We should be able to help you out very easily then.
"Whether we bring our enemies to justice, or justice to our enemies, justice will be done."