Author Topic: Playlist  (Read 740 times)

Offline Yushu na baka

Playlist
« on: June 30, 2010, 03:02:22 AM »
I got to thinking that music is such an integral part of my writing this afternoon.
And it got me a wonderin'. I know the music I love that gets my brain bloods going
and inspires the proper moods. So just for fun I figure I'd post somewhat of a synopsis
of my playlist and I thought it'd be fun if others pitched in what kind of things
they use for their writing. I'd seen other sort of posts but maybe this is something
that will have a little more longevity that everyone can get new inspirations for
particular projects.

So here goes. For my current project, my playlist goes like so.

Digging My Potato - by The Seatbelts
Technologic - Daft Punk
With Teeth - Nine Inch Nails
One Winged Angel - Final Fantasy VII (Shut up, I'm a huge nerd)
Aerith's Theme - Final Fantasy
Ch-Check It Out - Beastie Boys
Feel - Marie Digby  (This song is fastly becoming my favorite for this project)

And finally a song that I have been using since it's release for . . . anything even though I don't understand more than 4 words in German.

Alles Neu - Peter Fox  (It's German rap . . . and I normally hate rap but this song is cool)

Anyways, I think it'd be fun for people to give us insight into what makes your foot shake while you're busy typing away/scribbling thoughts.
Look forward to everyone else's beat.
A writer is not a liar, they just take your truths and tell it back to you in a way you can understand.

Offline Vienna

Re: Playlist
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 04:20:37 AM »
well on my Pod I have a full 1000 songs.Well over 300 by  The Fall, so that's usually my playlist. Also the new Gorillaz is getting a lot of play at the moment.

but also The Operas of Wagner, music of Michael Nyman, Philip Glass, Northern Soul, Tamla depends really on the mood.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 04:44:02 AM by vienna »
Just a well-read punk peasant

Going to church makes you a christian as much as standing in a garage makes you a car!

Offline A.J.B

• Enjoying bouts of moderate insanity
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 05:41:09 AM »
Nothing, is the short answer.

I cannot write unless there is silence in my room. Music or anything else distracts me.
My debut novel 'Life Eternal' is now available to buy on Amazon in both paperback and kindle.

Please search 'Aaron J Booth' on Amazon to find the product.

Offline Yushu na baka

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 06:47:35 AM »
Nothing, is the short answer.

I cannot write unless there is silence in my room. Music or anything else distracts me.

For real? Aw man I can't even imagine not having music going while I write something. I
have tried and it's like watching paint dry for me. Haha.
A writer is not a liar, they just take your truths and tell it back to you in a way you can understand.

Offline Vienna

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 06:52:16 AM »
yes, music is so important for me too. But each to his or her own. Many people are easily distracted whilst concentrating. I dont like complete silence when working, it's too loud. ;D

the normal sounds of the household, the street outside, everyday sounds somehow belong in the bigger picture.
Just a well-read punk peasant

Going to church makes you a christian as much as standing in a garage makes you a car!