Author Topic: I completed the first few chapters of my story, need some advice  (Read 1305 times)

Offline Lucky

• View Profile
Hello, I am Lucky. I am 19 and have completed first few chapters of my story Get Lucky!!. I don't know if it is really good enough. Can anyone give a honest review when I send the first two chapters and a synopsis? Please reply me and give me your e-mail id or mailme at getlucky31@rediffmail.com
        I need this for an encouragement to continue writing.

Lucky.

Offline Lysianassa

• Myself and Gypsy
    • View Profile
Re: I completed the first few chapters of my story, need some advice
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 07:22:33 AM »
Hi there,

I'm in the same boat as you and it's so daunting. I've just finished the third chapter of my book, The Immortal Way, and starting to work on my book propsal. Would like to do a swap? I'll read yours and you read mine? Let me know. My email address is lysianassa@hotmail.co.uk

My head is longer my own - I am furious. When will my torment end?... If anybody is frustrated or unhappy in this lycee, it is me! They will make me lose my head  - Jean-Francois Champolloin

Offline aellaholcomb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 11:31:45 AM »
Hi,
I'll read it. ClaireHolcomb@Comcast.net. And send me notify note at Tinklingbells@hotmail.com.
The Tinkling bells won't hold that much copy as I have so much coming in.
But I'll read.

God, I remember my writing at l9. It was so awfulllllllllllllll with a few exceptions. Worst was a woman waiting to be but to death for murder, best about an old couple in Ireland watching the sea.

One, thing. Over the years as writer, teacher, etc. I have watched writers I thought, with the arrogance ofyouth or of \jiust more experience, move to levels I never thought they could reach.
So, even if your piece is not that great, big deal.
People who want to write and will work at, will improve and publish. I blieve that with my whole heart cause have seen it happen. But it's easy to say and hard to do.
But, you do move into a runner's high where you need your daily "FIX" of writing. So thank God I haven't had block for ages because I need to write as well as want to.
Aella

Offline michellej

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 04:07:03 PM »
I am a new self published writer.  I have completed my second book and it is in its editing phase.  If you wouldn't mind viewming my book and pages from my new book at http://www.iamdark.com/writerspage.html I would appreciate it. Also give me your opinion on the book that is published and the new book to be released.  I wouldn't mind view your work as well.

Offline Jellis58

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 10:19:55 AM »
I'd be happy to read any ones work.  Send to ellisjanet@earthlink.net I've got several wip's in progress but there is one that I would love for someone to read the 1st three chapters.  Let me know.

Thanks,
Jellis58