Author Topic: the last person to post here wins  (Read 3149697 times)

Offline jjrrss10

Re: the last person to post here wins
« Reply #90 on: June 18, 2010, 05:38:16 PM »
Determined we are.

Offline Rachael

• hi mwc, been a loooooooooooooong time
« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2010, 11:48:33 PM »
well, here comes the innocent newbie to steal all your glory, I win, I win I win and nothing you can say will ever change that ...  he he he he he ;D

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
« Reply #92 on: June 18, 2010, 11:55:44 PM »
Wrong ;-)
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline McWawa

« Reply #93 on: June 19, 2010, 03:28:51 AM »
Which proves that there are no winners at the end of the day, only those who enjoy the ride along the way
"Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?",
Axel Oxenstierna

Offline Matt Walker

« Reply #94 on: June 19, 2010, 04:15:25 AM »
Only a moderator can win by posting and then locking the thread :0
Represented by Sarah Manning of The Agency Group/United Talent Agency

www.walkerproductions.co.uk

Offline fleamailman

« Reply #95 on: June 19, 2010, 05:40:50 AM »
"If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you." a quote which shocked the goblin because although it seemed exactly the point that goblin was getting at by posting like this, it actually came from the Gnostic gospels,  so the goblin simply repeated "...when I look at the "last post" thread, it's a fun game with the others here but when I look at the slot itself, I am alone and it isn't a game at all, it's a journey to self..."

« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 05:45:03 AM by fleamailman »

Offline jjrrss10

« Reply #96 on: June 19, 2010, 05:38:27 PM »
Stopping in to take the lead!

Offline Rachael

« Reply #97 on: June 19, 2010, 06:51:10 PM »
 Well, maybe this newbie isn't quite so innocent after alll... how's that head feeling?

Offline fleamailman

« Reply #98 on: June 20, 2010, 06:15:49 AM »
repost from elsewhere

the goblin's hopes were high, it was just his reality got in the way of those hopes each time, saying "...the last post always belongs to the last poster here and the clock stops not...", somehow the goblin was reminded to a small bird who walks with a piece of bread too big to fly away with, where other birds form a queue behind him and where, when he finally drops it, the next bird picks it up while the first bird joins the back of the queue again, "...oh well, it's still nice to win for a while I suppose..." mentioned the goblin about it, adding "...after all, I made this thread for winners, where even the lupusbots won this game on their thread against all too, and that was saying something now, something anyone can win then.."

« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 06:17:48 AM by fleamailman »

Offline Spell Chick

• Choose well
    • Little Bits of History
« Reply #99 on: June 22, 2010, 07:17:36 PM »
It has been days. If I had known it would be this long in between posts, I would have posted sooner, so as to hold the title longer. I'm just going to have to hope that I, too, get to keep the crown for days upon days.
Little Bits of History A short essay on something that happened on any day.

Imperfect Reason My thoughts, such as they are.

Offline Rachael

« Reply #100 on: June 23, 2010, 03:26:09 AM »
he he he, sorry to disappoint you :D, or not ;)

Offline Vienna

« Reply #101 on: June 23, 2010, 04:19:16 AM »
and here comes the goblin killer with a myriad of weapons to dazzle your eyes with their immense power and rid the place of all manner of annoying little goblins, elves, fairies and so forth ;D
Just a well-read punk peasant

Going to church makes you a christian as much as standing in a garage makes you a car!

Offline fleamailman

« Reply #102 on: June 23, 2010, 04:39:25 AM »
("...you post at your peril mortals, for there can only be one goblin at the end of this..." ventured the goblin again who never posted against anyone, only with everyone now, adding "...this thread will make a 10000 hits soon...")

these "words", once written, live on adrift this Internet where, sooner or later, one came across them again thinking "...oh yes that was me then too..." before moving on to others "words", so perhaps for that reason alone no one can ever really have the last word here, the word has only itself, as an infinite, against the short span that it was looked at, which is finite now, "... no, it's not who has the last word, it's which words has the last person viewing them..." ventured the goblin to a sea of infinite words to choose from here

« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 04:51:31 AM by fleamailman »

Offline fleamailman

« Reply #103 on: June 24, 2010, 06:31:50 AM »

first off, the goblin welcomed yet more humans to this madness then, "...I like your audacity mortals...", and then the goblin somehow remembered his motto of "invisible in dailylife, anonymous on the internet", in that the swiss avoided the limelight, and yet, on the internet at least, the goblin could have all the anonymous recognition that any one goblin could possibly wish for, saying "...actually, no one should ever be invisible on this internet but, since one can't prove anything either, within reason one can be whatever one wishes now, where if the madness starts from this fact then, then bring on the madness now for I love it..."

Offline Spell Chick

• Choose well
    • Little Bits of History
« Reply #104 on: July 10, 2010, 09:14:16 AM »
I'm an old and frail woman. Grandmother of four beautiful children. Tottering around barely able to move from Point A to Point B. All I want to do, just this once ... is win something. I need to win before I'm too old to play anymore.

And Look.
I've won.
Little Bits of History A short essay on something that happened on any day.

Imperfect Reason My thoughts, such as they are.