Author Topic: the last person to post here wins  (Read 3266244 times)

Offline fleamailman

Re: the last person to post here wins
« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2010, 09:40:32 AM »
the goblin too, felt that he should welcome new members here saying "...welcome then, I am sure you will appreciate the finer qualities of this unique thread, together with the way this thread is purposefully designed to inspires writers, such as yourself of course, to reach deep within their dormant creative selves, helping them to tap into those hidden yet practical qualities of "hamming", "spamming" and "trolling"...", the goblin stopped for a moment trying to find the right words to express his logic here, saying "...yes, simply a writer in this day and age has to know those black arts too, where he is after all, a writer in every post he does now, and where hecklers are a constant companion on these threads across forumland...", so perhaps the goblin was hiding the truth behind a little joke again, where goblins were not to be trusted, especially where the last place on the "last post" thread was concerned

Offline fleamailman

« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2010, 08:37:42 AM »
the goblin is playing dead at his desk again, where any sudden rush of frantic tapping fingers to win the last place on this "last post" thread once yet again actually betray his whereabouts to that captain he married as she watched television in front of him, "...ah, you can never be too careful you know, one false move and she'll set her household chores on me..." whispered the goblin in full stealth mode, whose motto being "invisible in reality, anonymous in virtual reality"

« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 08:40:29 AM by fleamailman »

Offline fleamailman

« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2010, 09:20:38 AM »
What's the point of the giant pictures at the bottom of your posts?

"...well it goes back to that idea of "what one puts into ones posts is what one gets out of it", simply I want the ability to illustrate my posts too, meaning finding a picture each time..." replied the goblin, who wasn't merely satisfied with only improving the wording here, no, for him a post had to be a matched post, aka an illustrated text, adding "...spontaneous texts are in brackets, where all texts are stored, and where each text is matched eventually, not knowing when the right picture would come along...", so the point was this practice, not to be confused with the end result, which was merely a byproduct of this practice then, where the real winning was in what type of person one would become from carrying it over year after year

« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 09:23:40 AM by fleamailman »

twisted wheel

« Reply #78 on: June 12, 2010, 09:22:21 AM »
it's about time i won something ...

Offline McWawa

« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2010, 12:26:55 PM »
Boing  ! ! !   "Time for bed" said Zebedee.
Yet before they all scurried off to the comfort and warmth under the sheets and blankets, they pushed this posting to the front of the thread where it also lay snugly smugly and cozey wozey until someone might, per chance, pass by and push it out of first place..
"Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?",
Axel Oxenstierna

Offline jjrrss10

« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2010, 08:24:03 PM »
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

Offline fleamailman

« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2010, 10:15:27 AM »
Poirot carefully twisted his mustache into a fine point "...um, you know inspector the gray matter moves and the gray matter is telling me that there is something about this case that, how would you English put it..." the inspector looking up from the two Dutch texts said "...wash, Hercule, but I don't know, they look alright to me, I mean I can't make head nor tail of them though, but what of it..." the inspector shrugged "...precisely inspector, but that is what they, or should we say he or she wanted..." "...I don't follow..." "...think about it inspector, two posters posting in double dutch on the same day in the same thread, what does that tell you inspector..." the inspector looked back at him and ventured "...that they both wanted to take the last place from the goblin...", Poirot laughed "...oh la la, no inspector it tells you that YelnickMcWawa  and jjrrss10  or whoever they say they are, are in fact the same person..." at which point the great Ork poked his head around the door asking "...how it going with that WIFI problem flea..."

Offline McWawa

« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2010, 10:15:48 AM »
I once knew a man who raced down the M1 motorway in England, compulsively overtaking any vehicle in front of him. Apparently he wanted to be at the front, and yet he could not grasp that on the motorway one can never be in front until one arrives at the other end where the motorway then connects to the start of another, and so it goes on, and on, and on......
"Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?",
Axel Oxenstierna

Offline fleamailman

« Reply #83 on: June 17, 2010, 10:22:35 AM »
("...great reply, you feed me, I feed the slot, and around it goes then..." replied the goblin, adding "...for if there is no end, then we shall win here forever, and why no now, this thread is for winners even where it is unwinnable...")

"...life ends when one stops caring..." went the goblin borrowing M L Kings's words, "...if that's the case, my life should have ended before it even started..." came the reply from within now, so the goblin just replied "...oh that where we differ then, for there are many things I care about, just that these cares are on my terms, nor theirs, where certainly what they might call important doesn't mean that much to me..." mentioned the goblin who always tried to avoid the too extremes of either "opinionated" or "unopinionated", saying "...simply I'm forming an ongoing opinion then, resulting in my caring perhaps..."

The Urgency of Now]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j4h3gGYZSk&feature=related#]The Urgency of Now

« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 12:56:59 PM by fleamailman »

Offline debbimcbride

• Feed the mind; open the heart!
« Reply #84 on: June 17, 2010, 04:43:03 PM »
OK! How do I get the rest of you to STOP posting replies?
If you all stop posting replies then I would surely win.  ;D

Offline jjrrss10

« Reply #85 on: June 17, 2010, 04:52:33 PM »
Good luck with that endeavour...

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
« Reply #86 on: June 17, 2010, 05:50:14 PM »
OK! How do I get the rest of you to STOP posting replies?
If you all stop posting replies then I would surely win.  ;D

A ruthless programme of eradication may work for a while, if you can work out the names and addresses behind the various screen-names, but there will always be some innocent newbie who comes along and ruins your evil plan for posting domination.  Life's like that.

Gyppo
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline jjrrss10

« Reply #87 on: June 17, 2010, 08:57:29 PM »
Well said Gyppo. Oops, I've taken the lead again.

Offline fleamailman

« Reply #88 on: June 18, 2010, 08:58:07 AM »

"...actually this game is rather simple..." started the goblin now, continuing "...well, first off, you just let me convince you here, that the whole point of this game is not to become the "last poster" in itself, but instead to post meaningfully deep posts to discover your true inner self, etc., only to notice that I have turn walked off with the last post again...", in fact, the goblin had learned this trick from watching election campaigns, but now he  was just muttering faintly over a pile of past posts "...mine, mine, mine mortals MYAHAHAHAHA..."

Offline debbimcbride

• Feed the mind; open the heart!
« Reply #89 on: June 18, 2010, 12:56:48 PM »
You are a determined bunch I see!!!