Author Topic: Essay: My first time in. (adult content/tiny amount of adult language)  (Read 5469 times)

cmb

Thanks, Solitary.

Offline Vienna

I've seen crazier than that, and besides, I don't think it's very nice to tell a person she's crazy just because she's suffering from a mental disorder.

BTW, her essay is published here: http://completelymentalblog.blogspot.com/2010/05/first-time-in.html 

you called me a sicko nel!! did I complain?? ;D
Just a well-read punk peasant

Going to church makes you a christian as much as standing in a garage makes you a car!

Offline Vienna

but on a serious note, my brother has had mental health problems for the best part of three decades, and now he has disappeared somewhere.............. :( wont communicate, doesn't want contact.

Going to church makes you a christian as much as standing in a garage makes you a car!

cmb

you called me a sicko nel!! did I complain?? ;D

You are complaining now, aren't you?  :P   ;D

but on a serious note, my brother has had mental health problems for the best part of three decades, and now he has disappeared somewhere.............. :( wont communicate, doesn't want contact.

I'm sorry to hear that, Vienna. My sister has had mental health problems for about just as long, so I know how much worry about can cause you. But your brother disappearing and not wanting contact... that must be so hard on you.

Offline Vienna

You are complaining now, aren't you?  :P   ;D

I'm sorry to hear that, Vienna. My sister has had mental health problems for about just as long, so I know how much worry about can cause you. But your brother disappearing and not wanting contact... that must be so hard on you.

yes very hard nel! obviously everyone tries/tried to help but everything was turned down. He was kicked out of the house where he lived on after our mothers  death. Because he didn't open any mail for years, piles of it, postman couldn't get any more in....................doesnt respond to anything anymore

cmb

yes very hard nel! obviously everyone tries/tried to help but everything was turned down. He was kicked out of the house where he lived on after our mothers  death. Because he didn't open any mail for years, piles of it, postman couldn't get any more in....................doesnt respond to anything anymore

Owww, that sounds awful. And is there no way they can hospitalise him - involuntarily, if need be? Does he understand at all that he is ill and needs help?

Offline Vienna

Indeed I think he does. He was still working and then stopped. And he was living in a hostel but they kicked him  too. He was on medication for years (Librium/Valium) then stopped and discovered the wonderful world of 20 pints of beer a day.........a long and sad story.

cmb

That sucks, mate. I don't know what to say.  :(

Offline Vienna

sometimes I dont know what to say myself about it nel. My sister who is also in england said the saddest thing was seeing the unopened birthday cards and personal letters we had all sent. She went to the house to try and help him salvage some stuff before the bailiffs moved in. Me,  being over here in Vienna makes it seem a bit distant. One thing I have learned is that a large percent of people that complain aboiut life haven't a bloody clue how good they have got it.

cmb

One thing I have learned is that a large percent of people that complain aboiut life haven't a bloody clue how good they have got it.

Too true.

I think once you've seen some real mental shit up close, you won't ever take anything for granted anymore.

Offline Kowboy

Too true.

I think once you've seen some real mental shit up close, you won't ever take anything for granted anymore.

Nelodra:

We agree. I have a dear friend who is psychotic. When he's on his meds, he is a great father and businessman, when he goes off his world collapses. I visited him in the hospital on his last episode and it left me in tears. It's like an alian has taken him over.

Kowboy

cmb

Since he's a psychotic, he might just have felt like an alien had taken him over too. Some of them do feel like that. Like they are being watched and controlled by aliens. It scares the living daylights out of them, so they start doing "crazy" things - like running away from home in their PJ's, and they keep on running until they get picked up by the police as they are walking/running along the motorway. Unless the police are too late and they have already been hit and killed by a car.  :(