Author Topic: Hello everybody  (Read 2039 times)

Offline "lorraineofkeli"

• The World Is Yours!
Hello everybody
« on: June 18, 2006, 12:47:48 PM »
Hi,
My name is Lorraine. I'm 24, married and living in the West Midlands, England.
I'm hoping to get really involved in my writing since I suffer from permanent writer's block! Hopefully this site will push me into doing something.
I love everything creative, arts, entertainment, media, computers and of course writing.

Offline Angeleyes

Re: Hello everybody
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 05:39:27 AM »
Hi lorraineofkeli - and welcome to My Writers Circle on behalf of the moderators, Nick, Aelf, Lin, Suzie, Symphony and myself.

I'm in the West Midlands too. (Nuneaton.) Where abouts are you?

You mentioned the dreaded writers block. Well you have come to the right place. We have lots of people with lots of fantastic information to share with us all. Once you start joining in I'm sure you will make friends along the way. We are a really friendly bunch. ;D Are you working on something at the moment? If you are, why not post some of it on the review board. It's a great place to start. But if that's a little scary, pop over to the coffee shop. The best procrastinators are found in there.

Anyway, have fun.
Angeleyes.
Moderator.
May all your dreams come true.

Whether you think you can, or think you can't....you're right!
-Henry Ford.

Offline "lorraineofkeli"

• The World Is Yours!
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 02:18:46 PM »
Hi thank you for your welcome.
The main idea I'm working on at the moment is a short story in the genre of fantasy/horror.
I feel really guilty when I say I'm writing horror - it's as though there's a stigma attached to it! Anyway, that's how I stand at the moment. I will probably upload the prologue to it shortly; see what sort of feedback I can expect.

Thanks again.
Lorraine

Offline Cathy C

• Procrastination is the thief of time.
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 05:14:26 PM »
Hi Lorraineofkeli,

I feel really guilty when I say I'm writing horror - it's as though there's a stigma attached to it!

Why on earth would you feel guilty? Horror is very popular at the moment and I, for one, love to read it.  ;)

Why don't you post some of your work in 'Review My Work?' The feedback is great and it might inspire you, help you get over your writers block.

CATHY C
Novel: Where There’s Smoke. Published by Fireborn publishing http://amzn.to/2tZKNCn

Short Story: A Killer Week Published by Bridge House http://amzn.to/2rhLVAX