Author Topic: New E-zine  (Read 1969 times)

Offline Mel

New E-zine
« on: January 19, 2006, 07:45:31 PM »
Hello,
A great newer e-zine that accepts speculative fiction/poetry is The Sword Review.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 04:18:20 AM by Nick »

Offline Nick

• Nick Daws
  • Retired from running MWC but still writing!
    • Entrepreneur Writer
Re: New E-zine
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 04:25:45 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion, Mel. Here are a few additional details about The Sword Review.

Its website is at http://theswordreview.com. It is a magazine of fantasy, science fiction and other genres. They say: "Unlike other print and electronic mediums, The Sword Review is safe, free from offensive language and content. Our high standards are based on traditional values and Christian principles."

The Sword Review is a paying market. They pay 1/2 cent per word up to $25.00 ($5.00 minimum) for one-time electronic rights. As well as short stories, they publish poetry, reviews, articles about writing, and so on.

Full contributors' guidelines can be found at http://theswordreview.com/guidelines.php

Nick
Check out my writing blog at www.entrepreneurwriter.net. I also have a new UK personal finance blog called Pounds and Sense.

Offline Lingua Pura

• Life and living
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 11:45:24 AM »
Mel

What a great e-zine and writers' site! I have just logged in and registered. I partuclarly like it's Christian ethic (though I acknowledge that might not cut much ice with others). I suppose that's probably because I am one!

I will keep you / mywriterscircle posted with any views I form from being a member / contributing.

Best wishes

Stephen

Offline Mel

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 06:17:01 AM »
Hello Everyone,

I'm Glad you appreciated the tip about Sword Review.  I've been paid for two poems and have written three columns for them.  The editor, Bill Snodgrass, is great to work with.

Once you are logged in, there are "artist tools" offered.  One I particularly like is submission tracking. It's a form where you can list works "out", works accepted, and works published.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 06:19:32 AM by Mel »