Author Topic: Well, hey.  (Read 5591 times)

Offline FDHolmes

Well, hey.
« on: December 16, 2005, 12:21:24 PM »
Greetings to one and all from Fred Holmes, a new forum member; residing in the "Heart of Dixie",  (that's Alabama, for anyone not making an immediate connection)  ;), the "Magic City" (Birmingham), home of the controversial and often misrepresented as pagan Statue of Vulcan (god of the forge) and... AND site of the Iron Bowl,  Historic Legion Field, where the University of Alabama's Paul "Bear" Bryant won many a gridiron skirmish against arch rival (and bosom buddy) Auburn University's Ralph "Shug" Jordan (colloquially pronounced JURDEN, for some unintelligible and inexpressible reason.

I've travelled widely during a long and rewarding career in commercial photography, so I've REALLY been almost all the same places as Johnny Cash sings about.  :D

Looking forward to visiting here frequently, until I sort of become a fixture. Perhaps I'll even learn to write.

Comments, suggestions, recommendations and observations are NEVER taken personally, so be frank and if necessary, brutal.

Thanks

Fred

Offline Nick

• Nick Daws
  • Retired from running MWC but still writing!
    • Entrepreneur Writer
Re: Well, hey.
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 12:56:31 PM »
Hi, Fred. Great to hear from you and learn a little about your background. I look forward to reading more posts from you soon!

Nick GM
Check out my writing blog at www.entrepreneurwriter.net. I also have a new UK personal finance blog called Pounds and Sense.

Offline Wigglyworm

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2005, 05:15:14 AM »
Hi Fred,

It's against my nature to be brutal and who's Frank?

Worm
If you can't be a sun, don't be a cloud.

Offline FDHolmes

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2005, 07:20:37 PM »

Hi Fred,

It's against my nature to be brutal and who's Frank?

Worm

HEH!  :)
Say, Worm, is that brutal or BRUTAL? and Frank is almost always earnest, so we kind of get him confused with his alter (not to say altar) ego.

Gimme a cookie, wontcha? Everybody else does.  :)

Fred

Offline Wigglyworm

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2005, 04:06:14 AM »
Hi Fred,

You're a wag!

What's a cookie?

Worm

Offline Etcherhelen

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2005, 06:09:21 AM »
Sorry for butting in on this conversation, but isn't a cookie an American term for what we know as a biscuit?
Best wishes for Christmas and 2006 to all on the site so far. I only discovered it a few minutes ago but it certainly looks promising.

Offline Wigglyworm

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2005, 07:29:16 AM »
I do believe you're right! ::)

BiancaMiller13

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2005, 06:50:23 PM »
Fred,
Welcom and sorry this is a tad late, But hey you know the saying.  I hope to work with you soon enough.  I am somewhat becoming the resident crit, If no one objects and overthrows me.  I just love to read what is out there and try to help where and if I can.  I am gald you do not take crits as personal, because I always worry that I may sound harsh.  Hopefully I will post soon enough and get feedback as well.  (As of right now I'm pretty tough on myself!! ) Good Luck!

Offline aelfwin

• Unicorn, the symbol of fantasy
    • The Aelf's Bloggery
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2005, 09:15:55 AM »
Hi Fred, Welcome aboard neighbor. I say neighbor because I'm a fan to the Volunteers. That give you a clue as to where I'm from? Tennessee of course, just 35 miles north of the Tn. Ala. state line. Just won a small writing contest and am happier than a dog pickin fleas.  ;)Local saying. I do a lot of critting on another site and always mind my P's and Q's when it comes to Frank and Earnest. See ya'll latuh!